Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore Road Glide Audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
STLGlide
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rushmore Road Glide Audio

I'm new to these forums, but catching hell trying to find some good 6.5 to drop in the fairing and lowers. I really don't want to start cutting things and NOT trying to bark my bank. I have heard ALL the FOCALs, Hertz HCX & ECX, DD VO-6.5 & Dx6.5. As you can see I lean towards coaxial & PA because I don' really want to cut. I'm sure this has been discussed til blue in the face but any advise is appreciated.

I do already have a RF t400x4ad that I plan to use.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have any experience with your amp but I have put in a couple of different speakers in my Road Glide. I started with the Infinity Kappa's and moved to the AD Designs. The AD's have a much cleaner and more well rounded sound to them than the Kappa's but the Kappa's did a great job. I would like to try a set of the DB Drive WDX6MOTO's a lot are using now, but that may be a little while. Maybe someone with more knowledge of your amp will chime in and let you know what speakers will work best for your setup.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Dice21
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Arc Audio 602's in mine. The Kappas are decent if you don't want to spend much money, but if you really enjoy music while riding, you will outgrow them quickly.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:58 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

the wdxmoto6.5 in the fairing and mmats pa601.4s lin the lowers would probably work out very well for you, your amp can definitety drive them well, but you will also need the BT355 line leveler unless you are going to use a dsp of some sort.
m
that is if you're not trying to break the bank

Old 03-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Houston_t
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The DB drive moto's are not a drop in speaker on the Road Glides

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

how about we get the exact year and model from the op, that way we can make sure we suggest the correct stuff, my bad, sorry.m

Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 AM
HDK
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hertz hcx 165

Had to buy an adapter from biketronics to get them to fit in fairing of my 15 road glide but it was worth it to me to be able to keep and use these speakers. You can find them reasonably priced on amazon as well now. If you want the adapter you will have to call biketronics because the item is not listed separately on the website. Just call and tell them what you are doing and they will fix you up.

Thanks,

Old 03-20-2018, 09:54 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Great amp! I love mine! I also love my Hertz HCX165’s. They’re not waterproof though, so you’ll have to take steps to protect them. The infinity Kappas are reall good, 2 ohms and are very inexpensive. For a Roadglide, your speakers are more exposed, and more susceptible to water damage. You can wrap them with speaker cloth that’s been treated with a waterproofing spray (which is what I did) or, you can go with Polk mm652’s, which are ultra marine rated, and handle the power of your amp.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:13 AM
STLGlide
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input. Im on a 16 RG. Has anyone installed any dd audio in there RG? Is waterproofingoing really going to be worth it? I ride in all weater

Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

The digital design speakers are weather treated frim the factory, no issues.
M

Quick Reply: Rushmore Road Glide Audio