Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WDX6MOTO Upgrade From Titan II 6.5

Old 04-14-2018, 01:39 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ultra_classic
please excuse my ignorance but what does "OR" and the other bike stand for in your signature?
US mail codes.

Originally Posted by D_Cantelow
Oregon and Hawaii maybe??

Yep, I live in Hawaii with my UC and keep the Limited at my Brother's in Oregon. I spend about half the riding season on the Mainland since retiring.

Last edited by DAVENRINO; 04-14-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

It made a loud pop and smelled burnt when the amp failed.
That reminded me of when I was a kid in college working part time in a TV repair shop I guy came in with a blown fuse. You could tell something blew the fuse because of the scorch marks, it didn't just open up. He told the owner he wanted a fuse "just like this one" so the owner got a new fuse, hooked each end to the alligator clips of a zip cord, plugged it into an outlet and POW!. He then handed the fuse to the guy and said "There you go it's just like the one you have there".

Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVENRINO
US mail codes.

Yep, I live in Hawaii with my UC and keep the Limited at my Brother's in Oregon. I spend about half the riding season on the Mainland since retiring.
Ahhhh... Ok being from the great white North it wasn't as obvious to you guys south of the border 😁

Old 04-15-2018, 01:24 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
That reminded me of when I was a kid in college working part time in a TV repair shop I guy came in with a blown fuse. You could tell something blew the fuse because of the scorch marks, it didn't just open up. He told the owner he wanted a fuse "just like this one" so the owner got a new fuse, hooked each end to the alligator clips of a zip cord, plugged it into an outlet and POW!. He then handed the fuse to the guy and said "There you go it's just like the one you have there".

Old 04-15-2018, 01:28 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

I am gonna order Monday but still torn between the Polks and Moto's. The Motos may be to bright with the BT amp.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

I like that the Motos can cut through the wind and exhaust noise, but since you are traveling at lower speeds another speaker might suit your tastes better.

I can say though that for a 6 1/2" speaker I can get decent bass out of them without distortion. I also don't run the treble up very high but I have a stock head unit so I'm most likely going to get a different sound from them than you will. That being said you might be able to shape the sound a bit more with your aftermarket head unit. They are well built for the money.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks here that can give you a better comparison between the Polks and Motos though, I only have experience with the Motos.

The following users liked this post:
DAVENRINO (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 07:43 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Decision made - neither. I picked up one of the component sets T recommended, the DB Drive Epc6k from one of the guys here in the classifieds. A BIG thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.
Mahalo,
Dave

Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVENRINO
Decision made - neither. I picked up one of the component sets T recommended, the DB Drive Epc6k from one of the guys here in the classifieds. A BIG thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.
Mahalo,
Dave
U will like those Dave. Very solid presence!!!! Great bang for the buck!!!!

Get some of that grill cloth and treat it. Then place it over the face of the grill as u install the grill. Water protection plus it really cleans up that look of the fairing.

T.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:25 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tailwind
U will like those Dave. Very solid presence!!!! Great bang for the buck!!!!

Get some of that grill cloth and treat it. Then place it over the face of the grill as u install the grill. Water protection plus it really cleans up that look of the fairing.

T.
OK, thanks again for all your help T.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Let us know what your ears think of them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WDX6MOTO Upgrade From Titan II 6.5