Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting in and out

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 05:56 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

That's all part of it. Did you ever figure out where the bad connection accually was?

Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 PM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
That's all part of it. Did you ever figure out where the bad connection accually was?
No I got frustrated making a change, putting the fairing back on and going for a ride, only to have to take it all apart again. So I just re did the entire setup.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Matty_d
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I found that the RCA plugs on the Arc amp are kinda shitty and loose. I had to mess with mine cause I was having a similar issue

The following users liked this post:
cfave (04-23-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 AM
cfave
Road Captain

On to try 1356. I was rolling down the highway at about 80 with the volume 3/4 of the way up and the sound is good no issues. I got off the highway and slowed down for the light at the end of the ramp and turned my volume down and the issues started. This was about 30-40 minutes worth of riding to this point where the majority of the ride was with the volume at 3/4s. I started rolling again and shot it back up and it was good but not great. Pulled into my garage and it was toggling between left and right on channels 1/2 but 3/4 were sounding good. I also noticed that while it was toggling between speakers, my tweeters were fine for a bit then they would drop in and out but, not as consistently as my mids.

After moving some connections around I also noticed that my rears sounded like they were in a fish bowl. After a call to Sony and then some more investigation I found that my Sub was set to 1 instead of off and it effected the rear outputs. Put it back to off and my Beymas SCREAM now! (in a good way).

I rewired the RCA output to have my fairing on the rear outputs and lowers on the fronts in an effort to determine if it is the HU or the amp. I have also zipped tied the speaker connector blocks as well as the RCA block tighter to the amp in an effort to cut down on their vibration. I have also taped my RCAs together. I noticed they are quite loose on the ARC side of things.

I will update if and when I find out what the culprit is!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Old 05-08-2018, 06:53 PM
SIX6ONE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same issue on my arc 600.4 and I found it was this connection https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=97164. if I squeeze the heat shrinked connections that go from high level to low level (RCA) it will repeat the issue. I have zip tied mine and it worked for awhile only to repeat again. Gonna just buy another and hope that is the fix. Check your connection there, hope that helps.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:30 PM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SIX6ONE
I have the same issue on my arc 600.4 and I found it was this connection https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=97164. if I squeeze the heat shrinked connections that go from high level to low level (RCA) it will repeat the issue. I have zip tied mine and it worked for awhile only to repeat again. Gonna just buy another and hope that is the fix. Check your connection there, hope that helps.
I was leaning towards this connection being an issue do you think splicing the rca cables with those leads would work?

Old 05-08-2018, 10:54 PM
SIX6ONE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it’s worth a shot. Worst case is you have to buy a new RCA connection from Arc. So that may be some downtime.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
No LLs Sony hu mex70 arc 6004 and DD aw/at with txo x-overs in fairing and Beyma in lowers
I have the same amp and radio same problem here. I thought it was the rca cables so I replaced them no help. I think it is the amp speaker output if I wiggle it while its on the speakers on channel one and two drop out for a sec. Going to try that zip tie to the power cable idea.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:31 AM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Riveroger
I have the same amp and radio same problem here. I thought it was the rca cables so I replaced them no help. I think it is the amp speaker output if I wiggle it while its on the speakers on channel one and two drop out for a sec. Going to try that zip tie to the power cable idea.
What is this "zip tie to the power cable" you speak of???

Old 05-09-2018, 08:33 AM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cfave

I was leaning towards this connection being an issue do you think splicing the rca cables with those leads would work?

Im getting to that point. I went out yesterday and tried to wiggle them around to re create the issue but to no success. I am not going on my trip for another week so I will keep trying things before I "cut"!

Quick Reply: Cutting in and out