Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will i lose with a boom pre-cal reset?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 06:27 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Default What will i lose with a boom pre-cal reset?

I would assume that I will lose any audio settings. Will I need to re-install the latest Boom software update? Will it remove saved routes in the Nav section? Will it remove my dealer flashes for passing lights with HiBeam, WHIM and PTT move?

I will reset it regardless but need to know if I need to schedule with the dealer for flashes. My time with my bike this trip to OR will be pretty short.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 05-06-2018, 04:37 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey brother, no you won’t lose any dealer flashes that pertain to lights. The only thing you will lose are YOUR entered settings. So basically anything YOU have saved/input/set will be lost. If you have a lot of routes in the radio you can go in the setting (navigation) and export them all to a usb stick. After reset you can reinstall them.
The flashes the dealer installs are a different level of programming that unless you have the equipment, you can’t alter/change/ mess up.
so reset away...

Old 05-06-2018, 11:54 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tesnevo
Hey brother, no you won’t lose any dealer flashes that pertain to lights. The only thing you will lose are YOUR entered settings. So basically anything YOU have saved/input/set will be lost. If you have a lot of routes in the radio you can go in the setting (navigation) and export them all to a usb stick. After reset you can reinstall them.
The flashes the dealer installs are a different level of programming that unless you have the equipment, you can’t alter/change/ mess up.
so reset away...
Cool, Thanks for the help. Even the 2018 Boom manual doesn't go into any detail regarding resets.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:13 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Don’t feel bad buddy, Harley hasn’t been know to publicize ANY usable info on the boom systems since they came out in 2014. But since the boom system isn’t usable, it stands for reason..