Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 cvo Electra glide radio questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:08 PM
Philtheman12
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 cvo Electra glide radio questions

So I just bought an 04 cvo Electra glide off Facebook for a hellish good deal, now I’m starting to have questions that I can’t seem to find answers for, specifically about the capabilities of the stock stereo. I don’t know and can’t seem to find out from the google if I can get a SiriusXM unit that will work through the stereo or not. Also I have no clue where to start with speaker upgrades but I know these are pretty weak at 70 on the interstate. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 07-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

What are your goals with the stereo?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:30 PM
Philtheman12
6th Gear

I’m not really sure, I really don’t want to change out the head unit just because of what it is, if it was a plain Jane Electra glide I wouldn’t really mind but with it being a cvo I’m trying to keep it as close to original as possible. I’m just not sure what that old old style radio can do and what it’s possible of outputting. Hell im not even sure if I could get the speakers for the lowers and hook them up...lol. I just want to be able to hear it going down the interstate, that’s the only time I can’t, otherwise it really doesn’t sound bad for being completely stock. I think it just needs a little bit more *** somewhere along the line.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

I am riding an 04 ultra classic, Pm me when you can get your target goals and budget in mind, there are mroe options than you might think that you can do with your head unit. a good amp, good speakers in the fairing and pods is a good starting point, combine that with the ARC PSM or the RF DSR1 and the stock head unit can sound pretty dam good. your budget is going to make the big decisions here. you are starting out where i did, cause i did not want to get rid of the stock head unit due to the CB/Intercom setup that works with the stock HU.
the RF TM400x4 or the ARC Moto 600.4 and the proper speaker selection and DSP and you will have a good sounding system, maybe with room for growth is you choose to expand. I also use a very affordable bluetooth adapter plugged into the aux input to stream music from my phone.
marco

p.s. i used to run around your part of town 23 years ago, one of my best friends at the time lived there, so we were in HedgesVill, Morgantown and Charelstown all the time!! (or is it Charelston, out by the horse track)

Last edited by marcodarq; 07-21-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Chrome your forks
Originally Posted by Philtheman12
I’m not really sure, I really don’t want to change out the head unit just because of what it is, if it was a plain Jane Electra glide I wouldn’t really mind but with it being a cvo I’m trying to keep it as close to original as possible. I’m just not sure what that old old style radio can do and what it’s possible of outputting. Hell im not even sure if I could get the speakers for the lowers and hook them up...lol. I just want to be able to hear it going down the interstate, that’s the only time I can’t, otherwise it really doesn’t sound bad for being completely stock. I think it just needs a little bit more *** somewhere along the line.
Those plain Jane Electraglide became, bigger, louder, faster, and cooler looking than those Plain Jane's CVO's.
just saying'.
Congrats in the new used Glide, my recommendation is with G-man.....he knows audio....Good luck.

Last edited by duglaura&flhti; 07-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Philtheman12
6th Gear

Ok so upon further research, I’m for one, not trying to go out and win a stereo competition with my Harley, and two don’t want to have to take out another loan to put an upgraded stereo in this thing. I guess I’m looking for what will be decent but still pretty cheap for now, but expandable for the future.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:15 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Ok so upon further research, I’m for one, not trying to go out and win a stereo competition with my Harley, and two don’t want to have to take out another loan to put an upgraded stereo in this thing. I guess I’m looking for what will be decent but still pretty cheap for now, but expandable for the future.

Options are slim....Is the Plaino CVO sporting the Stock Radio Sound head unit???
or is it a HK???
Radio sound is what I immediately pulled out on my 04;, then insert the sweet plain Alpine HU....Jamming since..
Reply with HU you have?

Last edited by duglaura&flhti; 07-23-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:18 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Hell, pixs will be nice too.???

Old 07-23-2018, 10:40 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

So I just bought an 04 cvo Electra glide off Facebook for a hellish good deal, now I’m starting to have questions that I can’t seem to find answers for, specifically about the capabilities of the stock stereo. I don’t know and can’t seem to find out from the google if I can get a SiriusXM unit that will work through the stereo or not. Also I have no clue where to start with speaker upgrades but I know these are pretty weak at 70 on the interstate. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!
Phil the thrill,

Pixs would help, so we can see your setup and what to work with...
I have a _2012 Stock HK for sale if your stock is a old Radio Sound HU, at least it will look stock, to where youre you're writing about....Pixs please.

Last edited by duglaura&flhti; 07-23-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Philtheman12
6th Gear

Here’s what I currently have...stock plain Jane from the factory...lol

Quick Reply: 04 cvo Electra glide radio questions