Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Audio Battle

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:41 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Proud to be your friend, great job buddy.
Kris

Old 09-17-2018, 07:52 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
While I agree that hearing a comp bike is eye/ear opening, most of us here are riders first and foremost. Less than a handful here are looking to compete. We try to attain the best possible combination of good tunes while traveling at 70mph. There are guys here with killer sounding systems that load up the bags and tourpacks and head out for 2000 mile trips.

The true competition bikes this weekend were trailered in or were local.

I think I can confidently speak for many of us guys, when I say we don't do this for the weiner wagging. We do it for the fun of it, the enjoyment of good sounding music, the friendships we make and try to help others by the mistakes we all made. I respect what the audio professionals accomplish, its a tough game. We may be playing similar games, we just do it on different fields.
I think what's most neat about going to a show is seeing and hearing with your own eyes and ears what can be accomplished on a bike. The first time I heard real bass like it was on a car coming from a bike I was done! Surely it's a different type of bike from what is the average guy here on the forum, but that's a good thing --- it opens up ideas, new products, etc. that often times aren't discussed much here. I'm glad you enjoyed the competition it's usually much funner than simply "a few dudes just standing in a parking lot". There's a local show here that's been pushing a class where the bike can only have speakers in the stock locations....that would be neat to see take off.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Great job Steve.

We do this as a hobby, Most I repeat MOST show bike owners have no idea what goes into the sound system, they pay people a respectable amount of money to install gear on their bike. They may know what brand of speaker is in it and what amps are pushing said speaker. But really do not know the specifics and how it plays together.

I see guys all the time with really nice bikes and a decent sound system. But then they always ask well what speakers are you running and who installed it. (My Geezer Glide looks stock as can be) They look at you odd when you tell them it was DIY. "Well what speakers are they?" Trying to explain to them that it is not just about 1 speaker brand or model of amp they just get a glazed look.

I digress, Big difference between parking lot (show Bike) and riding at 70+ MPH with great balance and clarity. Not picking fights just 2 different audio strategies.

Way to represent DSM.
Juice

Old 09-17-2018, 09:53 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Juice

I digress, Big difference between parking lot (show Bike) and riding at 70+ MPH with great balance and clarity. Not picking fights just 2 different audio strategies.

Way to represent DSM.
Juice
Juice, yes to all and most of the competition guys are NOT DIY guys!

Now consider this, because I think there are more similarities than differences. If you search the forum a year / a year and half ago the thought on this forum was that for "rider" bikes a good component system like the Hertz Mille Legend with some insane power was the ticket because of the warm full range sound those speakers have. I still see/read tons of guys praising the Soundz Customs systems. Now fast forward a year and PRV Neo's are the hot item even for guys who ride. DSP's, horns, multiple amps, etc. that were all norms for competition bikes are now more common on many bikes. When it comes to anything on these bikes I really don't see many difference in approach, just a difference in goal line. You don't see too many guys with 30's touring the country so they have a different goal line than the stock touring bike but the approach for a good system is similar. I think what these competitions do is bring energy and awareness to audio regardless of the bike type. Daytona, Myrtle Beach, etc. all had multiple audio events during those rallies. It's good for everyone, otherwise we'd still be using J&M and Hogtunes (and many still are!)

I still think an HDForums Sound Off would be a great thing!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:32 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

[/QUOTE]

I think I heard the winner of that future event this weekend

Old 09-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Juice, yes to all and most of the competition guys are NOT DIY guys!

Now consider this, because I think there are more similarities than differences. If you search the forum a year / a year and half ago the thought on this forum was that for "rider" bikes a good component system like the Hertz Mille Legend with some insane power was the ticket because of the warm full range sound those speakers have. I still see/read tons of guys praising the Soundz Customs systems. Now fast forward a year and PRV Neo's are the hot item even for guys who ride. DSP's, horns, multiple amps, etc. that were all norms for competition bikes are now more common on many bikes. When it comes to anything on these bikes I really don't see many difference in approach, just a difference in goal line. You don't see too many guys with 30's touring the country so they have a different goal line than the stock touring bike but the approach for a good system is similar. I think what these competitions do is bring energy and awareness to audio regardless of the bike type. Daytona, Myrtle Beach, etc. all had multiple audio events during those rallies. It's good for everyone, otherwise we'd still be using J&M and Hogtunes (and many still are!)

Haze,

You are correct there are similarities, Most riders will not give up the bag space for sealed sub’s , Mid-bass drivers and extra batteries.( My Definition of Parking Lot/Show) Nothing against them, they sound damn good.

Hell, if I had the extra money I may have a separate bike just for sound’s, LOL

This is what I have learned in the last year or so!

1. The PA style speakers are loud and clear, especially at speed!

2. This “Sled audio” is a living breathing thing that evolves.

3. This is definitely an addiction.

Juice,

The following users liked this post:
Rcloud72 (07-19-2020)
Old 09-17-2018, 11:51 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by USAproud
I think I heard the winner of that future event this weekend[/QUOTE]

Who?

King Kong lives in Miami

Old 09-17-2018, 11:51 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by juice
haze,

you are correct there are similarities, most riders will not give up the bag space for sealed sub’s , mid-bass drivers and extra batteries.( my definition of parking lot/show) nothing against them, they sound damn good.

Hell, if i had the extra money i may have a separate bike just for sound’s, lol

this is what i have learned in the last year or so!

1. The pa style speakers are loud and clear, especially at speed!

2. this “sled audio” is a living breathing thing that evolves.

3. This is definitely an addiction.

Juice,
1000000%

Old 09-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Who?

King Kong lives in Miami [/QUOTE]

I Think he took the BRF guys too!
Juice

Old 09-17-2018, 11:53 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Who?

King Kong lives in Miami

[/QUOTE]

I will let him come out in the light if he chooses. But DAMN!!! Is all I can say.

Quick Reply: 1st Audio Battle