Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Audio Battle

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

I wanna hear King Kong!

Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Unless there's some DIY guys with something incredible no one knows about, the Top 3 monster heavyweight bikes in the country are Scott Owens of Insane asylum, Munir Ali in Philly, Kody's personal bike out of Voo Doo and King Kong that's ours now and getting re-done. In Middleweight, Louies bike has beaten everyone all year. I would guess Art's G-Spot of HnH would be another top MW bike. There's no secrets man, if you heard a great sounding bike just share. So and so's bike is awesome!!! Folks want to hear it and share.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:05 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
I wanna hear King Kong!
ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Four 12 inch subs in stacked wood bags bro. The drop will make your heart vibrate.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:09 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Well this bike is a rider all day.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Four 12 inch subs in stacked wood bags bro. The drop will make your heart vibrate.
dont tempt me. I'll do it! Munir's bike is pretty bad *** for sure

Old 09-17-2018, 02:39 PM
chaz00728
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Yesterday I went to my 1st audio competition at a somewhat local shop. They made it a day long event with vendors, food trucks, beer and lots of bikes. As I'd never been to one before, I was hesitant to enter the battle. After checking out the format and class divisions, I went for it. They did Lightweight (up to 4 speakers), Middleweight (5-8 speakers) and Heavyweight. When you got in the cage, the judges picked the genre of music you had to play from Rock, Pop/HipHop, Country and Dubstep. I'm old, never heard of Dubstep, so Spotify saved me.

With 6 speakers, I was Middleweight and the largest class. The 2 judges were, the local shop owner and Lex Rivera from XEL. I was hesitant at first when the shop owner was 1 of the judges. They install lots of audio and had several customers in the show. I have to say, he showed no favoritism.

I felt good about the different genres because I set my bike up to ride and not show. Because of that, I like how all my music plays. Don't get me wrong, some songs sound way better than others, but it's still across genres. They judged on a point system. 1 point for decibel, 1 point for sound clarity/quality. If tied, crowd cheering was the tie breaker. Not the best tie breaker, because of the good ol' boy factor. It seems it can be a popularity contest. The right song pick helps overcome some of that with the crowd.

I have to thank Cory and Juice for Meant to Be, it saved me when I needed it. That song can make decibels, clarity and bass in the country genre and the crowd likes it.

I'll cut to the chase. I placed 2nd in the competition. Im happy with that. My bike is a rider, not a comp bike. From a competition standpoint, my bike would need quite a bit more volume to win on a meter. Both judges said my bike had great clarity, mid, highs and bass for the class. Lex's comments were, for a riders bike, you got it all. He said the only thing he would change would be the fairing. His thought was a component setup with horns and a Sony head unit. All in all, it was a fun day with great results.

BTW, his comp bike sounded fantastic. His rider bike was good also.
Great to know that DIY guys like yourself are getting compliments from audio shop owners...GREAT JOB . I wouldn't have the courage to go up against some big shots out there..lol
So what does your sled consist of if u don't mind sharing !

Old 09-17-2018, 07:50 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats to you Brother Steve... Looks like the first round of Sweet Potatoes is on me!!

Im gonna come out and say my bike has 49,500 miles on it and absolutely crushed every audio system in Tomahawk WI. Nothing organised, just a couple rednecks messin around on Main St. after dark.
Did i sacrifice some storage space to get where im at? YUP
Did i send my bike to a shop to have anything built or installed? NOPE
Trial and error and lots of damn solid advice from people on here that are too numerous to mention...but you all know who you are.
BRF MNG will see a whole new level next year.
Again... Im not bragging, the crowd reaction at the rally spoke for itself.
A video probly wouldnt show the limestones dancing on the concrete when i got everything put together in the barn... thats right...the barn.
As of right now im almost satisfied, couple changes yet over the winter which isnt too far off up here..

simply put... go do it!!
everyones ears are different so build it the way you like it

YOOP

Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Unless there's some DIY guys with something incredible no one knows about, the Top 3 monster heavyweight bikes in the country are Scott Owens of Insane asylum, Munir Ali in Philly, Kody's personal bike out of Voo Doo and King Kong that's ours now and getting re-done. In Middleweight, Louies bike has beaten everyone all year. I would guess Art's G-Spot of HnH would be another top MW bike. There's no secrets man, if you heard a great sounding bike just share. So and so's bike is awesome!!! Folks want to hear it and share.
I would be willing to bet money that yooperhogs bike would give any lightweight bike in the country a run for there money. Hand built and tuned by him. And he could ride to the event

Old 09-17-2018, 08:14 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,162 Likes on 2,936 Posts

Yoop
I was gonna lie and tell ya I heard it all the way down in Des Moines. I decided not to lie, and just tell ya, I heard you just killed it. I know you ride, next trip to BRF you'll have to pack lighter. I don't mind if you wear the same clothes all weekend. We'll just hang pine trees on ya.

Congrats on getting where you want to be. It's a long row to hoe and a drain on the wallet.

Now I have to come to the UP to hear it before next year, dammitt

Last edited by Dsm Limited; 09-17-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by USAproud
I would be willing to bet money that yooperhogs bike would give any lightweight bike in the country a run for there money. Hand built and tuned by him. And he could ride to the event
I'm sure it sounds phenomenal man.....Yoop has been at this for a while and I've tried to keep updated with his progress and custom fabrication!! I'm happy for him.

I'm always down for a friendly bet though. How much are we betting?

Last edited by haze324; 09-17-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st Audio Battle