Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundz Inc

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:17 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
The amp is the Soundz amp, you can go on their site and see it, it's 800 watt. I am using the speakers in all locations. They also put a Dsp in the system which as I understand it gives you digital fade. The HU is the factory unit in a 2016 ultra classic. They did flash the unit.
I looked at their website but they don't give a lot of specs on their products. That is why I asked. Their products are a bit pricy but if the quality is there then it is worth it. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I looked at their website but they don't give a lot of specs on their products. That is why I asked. Their products are a bit pricy but if the quality is there then it is worth it. Thanks for the info.
I agree they don't have a lot of technical info on their site. I asked and they told me about the amp. If you were to call them, they are great to answer questions. I agree it's not cheap, but I do believe it's quality. The wiring harness they have is cased and looks like factory, not just a bunch of loose wires. I was impressed with the small details.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:35 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
While I admit I am no audio guy like you and others on here and have learned a lot from the guys on here, let me say thanks first. I also have one other admission, my hearing is not the best, late model round track cars really did my hearing harm.

Now I haven't used a lot of amp's and I am not good with the model numbers, but the last amp was a Arc 600.4. The speaker locations are in the fairing, tour pack and lower pods. The speakers I have tried are ( I don't know the model numbers but if important I still have most of the boxes) Hertz, kappa, Sony, Arc and Polk.
It may have been my set up that was lacking. I had others tune it and I tuned it as I changed. Now don't get me wrong, I had a strong sounding system and none sounded bad. But the system that Soundz Inc put in blows away everything I tried. I have spent a lot of money trying to get where I finally have got to. If I had known what I know now I could have saved a lot of money. But it was fun and I learned a lot by doing it. And while I don't regret what I did, it did help me to understand what a great system should sound like.
Good luck to all in finding the unicorn, I have found mine.
Allen
Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the info brother. This product line is pretty damn expensive thus it always help to have some direct product comparisons, especially considering the technical specs are not readily available on the Soundz inter web site. I'm sure a deeper dive on my part will prove that they are available.

Very damn glad your ears are happy and thanks again for sharing your review as that's a core part of this team effort on this forum.

T

Old 10-29-2018, 08:47 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

So is Peter at Soundz Inc. the same one that posts here as SOFTPETER?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:51 AM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the info brother. This product line is pretty damn expensive thus it always help to have some direct product comparisons, especially considering the technical specs are not readily available on the Soundz inter web site. I'm sure a deeper dive on my part will prove that they are available.

Very damn glad your ears are happy and thanks again for sharing your review as that's a core part of this team effort on this forum.

T
No problem, I just feel so many on here have helped so many of us. And though I don't have much to share, I can share what I have learned.

This is kinda funny. My girlfriend was constantly telling me to turn the music down. On the way home from having the install done, about a 2 hour ride, I was playing it louder than normal and she said numerous times " that's sounds good" and never asked me to turn it down. We stopped and ate dinner and I asked her why she hadn't asked me to turn the music down? She said it's so clear and sounds so good it doesn't bother me like the other did. Win win for me because I like it loud.😊

Old 10-29-2018, 08:58 AM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by SBates08
So is Peter at Soundz Inc. the same one that posts here as SOFTPETER?
I have no idea, he is Peter Jenson. They have a shop in Daytona and South Dakota. They're on their way to the rally in Galveston.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Yep congrats on finding your unicorn. I have yet to here anything from Soundz and would be interested
to see what they have to offer. Anytime your in the Midwest and you wanna put that up against any 6 speaker
system I have one that would probably have you leaving rethinking your purchase.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

For me, it came down to budget. I agree with the OP the SoundZ system is great and sounds awesome but, all total for my 11 ultra from the website would be $2623.97 for the same setup I have on my bike now. (Carbons in the fairing, iron 65 in the lowers the Amp and the Sony MEX 100 HU) I have the DD AW6.5/AT28s in the fairing and Beyma Pro6WNDs in the lowers with the Sony MEX100 HU and Arc Moto 600 Amp. All together with all the wiring, brackets and spacers. 1500-1600 bucks. Now mind you, I shopped for deals and waited till things went on sale before i bought them and I did all my own installs and tuning (which I would still have to do with the Soundz system) . At 70+mph my system sounds great and it sounds clear as a bell! So I will give you that they make a great system but, I would hope for that money, it would be great! To be honest too, I do not know if the price from SoundZ includes the 6.5 adapters, the wiring harness for the thumb controls, the speaker wires and the power wiring and fuse. All those are included in my costs.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

They remind me of J&M Rokker

Old 10-29-2018, 10:30 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect
They remind me of J&M Rokker
Nailed it.