Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Soundz Inc (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1259160-soundz-inc.html)

Wam 10-28-2018 09:54 PM

Soundz Inc

Let me just say I have nothing to do with this company. I am just a customer and I am getting nothing for saying this. The only reason I'm posting this is, I have tried almost every speaker that I have read about on here. And while some are good and loud and the cost is reasonable, they don't begin to compare with the iron 65's and the set up Soundz is installing. The wiring harness, amp, DSP, speakers and the install is top of the line. This system is unbelievable how clear it is, it has good base and is as loud as any I have heard. And it's not that squalling loud like Hertz. While Hertz are loud, they're not clear compared to the iron 65. I know I will catch a lot of shit for posting this, but the truth is what it is. I will put this 6 speaker system up against any 6 speaker system out there. What's really amazing to me is I have been listening to some of these songs for 30 years and I have never heard some of the notes and sounds that I hear with their system. I will say it's not cheap, but it's not cheap stuff. They warranty it for 3 years. If you want to quit spending money looking for great sound, look no further. Peter and his group is second to none.

Tailwind 10-28-2018 10:41 PM

What specific speakers (make and model) have you personally compared this system to and powered by what amp/s? Also speaker locations?

You indicated you have tried damn near everything thus some specifics will provide good supporting info for your recommendation.

Thanks!!!

T

Ndfastln 10-28-2018 11:03 PM

I'm glad you're happy with your setup. It can be frustrating buying into the latest hype on a product that doesn't meet expectations. Hybrid Audio Technologies does make some great sounding quality products, I ran some of their speaks for awhile before moving on to a PA setup. I'm sure that's why Biketronics still sells them.

Respect 10-29-2018 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wam (Post 17788257)
What's really amazing to me is I have been listening to some of these songs for 30 years and I have never heard some of the notes and sounds that I hear with their system.

This tells me everything right here...

Wam 10-29-2018 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tailwind (Post 17788346)
What specific speakers (make and model) have you personally compared this system to and powered by what amp/s? Also speaker locations?

You indicated you have tried damn near everything thus some specifics will provide good supporting info for your recommendation.

Thanks!!!

T

While I admit I am no audio guy like you and others on here and have learned a lot from the guys on here, let me say thanks first. I also have one other admission, my hearing is not the best, late model round track cars really did my hearing harm.

Now I haven't used a lot of amp's and I am not good with the model numbers, but the last amp was a Arc 600.4. The speaker locations are in the fairing, tour pack and lower pods. The speakers I have tried are ( I don't know the model numbers but if important I still have most of the boxes) Hertz, kappa, Sony, Arc and Polk.
It may have been my set up that was lacking. I had others tune it and I tuned it as I changed. Now don't get me wrong, I had a strong sounding system and none sounded bad. But the system that Soundz Inc put in blows away everything I tried. I have spent a lot of money trying to get where I finally have got to. If I had known what I know now I could have saved a lot of money. But it was fun and I learned a lot by doing it. And while I don't regret what I did, it did help me to understand what a great system should sound like.
Good luck to all in finding the unicorn, I have found mine.
Allen

Wam 10-29-2018 07:07 AM

BTW, I have 3 Arc speakers, 2 Polk speakers and a Arc 600.4 and wiring that's good for sale if anyone is interested. The others are blown, but if you want them you can have them.

Dsm Limited 10-29-2018 07:20 AM

Not that we're supposed to market items in the regular forums, i'd be interested in the 3 arc speakers. Pm me with details please.

travelingypsye 10-29-2018 07:40 AM

Just what does your setup consist of now? What amp, head unit? You stated you have the iron 65 speakers. Are you using them in the fairing, lowers and tourpack? You have me interested.

Wam 10-29-2018 07:52 AM

Dsm, I sent you a pm.

Wam 10-29-2018 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by travelingypsye (Post 17788774)
Just what does your setup consist of now? What amp, head unit? You stated you have the iron 65 speakers. Are you using them in the fairing, lowers and tourpack? You have me interested.

The amp is the Soundz amp, you can go on their site and see it, it's 800 watt. I am using the speakers in all locations. They also put a Dsp in the system which as I understand it gives you digital fade. The HU is the factory unit in a 2016 ultra classic. They did flash the unit.

travelingypsye 10-29-2018 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Wam (Post 17788816)
The amp is the Soundz amp, you can go on their site and see it, it's 800 watt. I am using the speakers in all locations. They also put a Dsp in the system which as I understand it gives you digital fade. The HU is the factory unit in a 2016 ultra classic. They did flash the unit.

I looked at their website but they don't give a lot of specs on their products. That is why I asked. Their products are a bit pricy but if the quality is there then it is worth it. Thanks for the info.

Wam 10-29-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by travelingypsye (Post 17788840)
I looked at their website but they don't give a lot of specs on their products. That is why I asked. Their products are a bit pricy but if the quality is there then it is worth it. Thanks for the info.

I agree they don't have a lot of technical info on their site. I asked and they told me about the amp. If you were to call them, they are great to answer questions. I agree it's not cheap, but I do believe it's quality. The wiring harness they have is cased and looks like factory, not just a bunch of loose wires. I was impressed with the small details.

Tailwind 10-29-2018 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wam
While I admit I am no audio guy like you and others on here and have learned a lot from the guys on here, let me say thanks first. I also have one other admission, my hearing is not the best, late model round track cars really did my hearing harm.

Now I haven't used a lot of amp's and I am not good with the model numbers, but the last amp was a Arc 600.4. The speaker locations are in the fairing, tour pack and lower pods. The speakers I have tried are ( I don't know the model numbers but if important I still have most of the boxes) Hertz, kappa, Sony, Arc and Polk.
It may have been my set up that was lacking. I had others tune it and I tuned it as I changed. Now don't get me wrong, I had a strong sounding system and none sounded bad. But the system that Soundz Inc put in blows away everything I tried. I have spent a lot of money trying to get where I finally have got to. If I had known what I know now I could have saved a lot of money. But it was fun and I learned a lot by doing it. And while I don't regret what I did, it did help me to understand what a great system should sound like.
Good luck to all in finding the unicorn, I have found mine.
Allen

Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the info brother. This product line is pretty damn expensive thus it always help to have some direct product comparisons, especially considering the technical specs are not readily available on the Soundz inter web site. I'm sure a deeper dive on my part will prove that they are available.

Very damn glad your ears are happy and thanks again for sharing your review as that's a core part of this team effort on this forum.

T

SBates08 10-29-2018 08:47 AM

So is Peter at Soundz Inc. the same one that posts here as SOFTPETER?

Wam 10-29-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tailwind (Post 17788870)
Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the info brother. This product line is pretty damn expensive thus it always help to have some direct product comparisons, especially considering the technical specs are not readily available on the Soundz inter web site. I'm sure a deeper dive on my part will prove that they are available.

Very damn glad your ears are happy and thanks again for sharing your review as that's a core part of this team effort on this forum.

T

No problem, I just feel so many on here have helped so many of us. And though I don't have much to share, I can share what I have learned.

This is kinda funny. My girlfriend was constantly telling me to turn the music down. On the way home from having the install done, about a 2 hour ride, I was playing it louder than normal and she said numerous times " that's sounds good" and never asked me to turn it down. We stopped and ate dinner and I asked her why she hadn't asked me to turn the music down? She said it's so clear and sounds so good it doesn't bother me like the other did. Win win for me because I like it loud.😊

Wam 10-29-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by SBates08 (Post 17788895)
So is Peter at Soundz Inc. the same one that posts here as SOFTPETER?

I have no idea, he is Peter Jenson. They have a shop in Daytona and South Dakota. They're on their way to the rally in Galveston.

FrenchieM 10-29-2018 09:59 AM

Yep congrats on finding your unicorn. I have yet to here anything from Soundz and would be interested
to see what they have to offer. Anytime your in the Midwest and you wanna put that up against any 6 speaker
system I have one that would probably have you leaving rethinking your purchase.

cfave 10-29-2018 09:59 AM

For me, it came down to budget. I agree with the OP the SoundZ system is great and sounds awesome but, all total for my 11 ultra from the website would be $2623.97 for the same setup I have on my bike now. (Carbons in the fairing, iron 65 in the lowers the Amp and the Sony MEX 100 HU) I have the DD AW6.5/AT28s in the fairing and Beyma Pro6WNDs in the lowers with the Sony MEX100 HU and Arc Moto 600 Amp. All together with all the wiring, brackets and spacers. 1500-1600 bucks. Now mind you, I shopped for deals and waited till things went on sale before i bought them and I did all my own installs and tuning (which I would still have to do with the Soundz system) . At 70+mph my system sounds great and it sounds clear as a bell! So I will give you that they make a great system but, I would hope for that money, it would be great! To be honest too, I do not know if the price from SoundZ includes the 6.5 adapters, the wiring harness for the thumb controls, the speaker wires and the power wiring and fuse. All those are included in my costs.

Respect 10-29-2018 10:09 AM

They remind me of J&M Rokker

SBates08 10-29-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Respect

Nailed it.

Wam 10-29-2018 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by FrenchieM (Post 17789040)
Yep congrats on finding your unicorn. I have yet to here anything from Soundz and would be interested
to see what they have to offer. Anytime your in the Midwest and you wanna put that up against any 6 speaker
system I have one that would probably have you leaving rethinking your purchase.

I doubt I would rethink my purchase, but you may very well have a great system. It takes a lot to my me happy, as I am so ocd. But for 6 6.5 speakers I have my doubts that it could be any clearer. And the volume it puts out is unreal.

Wam 10-29-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Respect (Post 17789058)

I have heard and looked at their stuff, no comparison.

arlington 10-29-2018 11:46 AM

Glad you're happy with your set up, if it works for you and you aren't worried about the cost, that's all that counts.

JAGlide 10-29-2018 11:56 AM

That Soundz SS4.100 amp sure does look like a repackaged MMATS MD4100 amp, only it's $160 more.

FLYINGBROKE 10-29-2018 11:59 AM

Op You and Girlfriend enjoy your system it is not always about the best deal or best individual parts.always better deals better parts. not far off price wise with cfave when you account for hours shopping freight running around for misc pieces and the dsp no idea sound wise i have had the Sony the dd aw with tweets not the beyma's but prv and mmatts but have no idea what sounds package sounds like.I remember how happy i was with the bt package everything fit and worked all parts needed simple as could be, sounded great for awhile.

Dsm Limited 10-29-2018 03:09 PM

I don't know about now as it's been a while, but the speakers used to be HAT's rebranded and the amp is MMat rebranded. I've talked with Peter a few times and seems to be a knowledgeable guy. My lower fairing adapters for a wethead came from him. At the time he just started selling them separate from either the Carbons and Iron 65s. I told him I didn't need the speakers and he agreed to sell just the adapters. He is a believer in his systems and prices it accordingly. Kind of like,,, ,,,,,, oh hell,,,,,,,,,,, I can't place the other guys name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right now.

OP, I'm glad you found your unicorn. Most of us are still hunting.

bdrummer0413 10-29-2018 08:14 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...70469a108d.jpg
soundz on the left and mmatt 4100 on the right.. same exact amp. mmatts is cheaper of course..

bdrummer0413 10-29-2018 08:14 PM

agree

Lucky 7 Custom Cycles 10-30-2018 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wam (Post 17788257)
Let me just say I have nothing to do with this company. I am just a customer and I am getting nothing for saying this. The only reason I'm posting this is, I have tried almost every speaker that I have read about on here. And while some are good and loud and the cost is reasonable, they don't begin to compare with the iron 65's and the set up Soundz is installing. The wiring harness, amp, DSP, speakers and the install is top of the line. This system is unbelievable how clear it is, it has good base and is as loud as any I have heard. And it's not that squalling loud like Hertz. While Hertz are loud, they're not clear compared to the iron 65. I know I will catch a lot of shit for posting this, but the truth is what it is. I will put this 6 speaker system up against any 6 speaker system out there. What's really amazing to me is I have been listening to some of these songs for 30 years and I have never heard some of the notes and sounds that I hear with their system. I will say it's not cheap, but it's not cheap stuff. They warranty it for 3 years. If you want to quit spending money looking for great sound, look no further. Peter and his group is second to none.

I will take that 6 speaker challenge!!:icon_smile:... I will agree Peter is a great guy though..

Wam 10-30-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky 7 Custom Cycles (Post 17791436)
I will take that 6 speaker challenge!!:icon_smile:... I will agree Peter is a great guy though..

I didn't make a challenge, but I will put it up against any 6 speaker system, meaning 6 speakers of 6.5 inches. I wouldn't expect it to complete with 6×9's. That's not comparing apples to apples. I think the next rally I will be at will be bike week in Daytona. Maybe we can meet up there. I would like to see what you can do.

haze324 10-30-2018 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Wam (Post 17791508)
I didn't make a challenge, but I will put it up against any 6 speaker system, meaning 6 speakers of 6.5 inches. I wouldn't expect it to complete with 6×9's. That's not comparing apples to apples. I think the next rally I will be at will be bike week in Daytona. Maybe we can meet up there. I would like to see what you can do.

Daytona meet and greet.* I'm there!!

Sign me up for some 6 speaker 6.5 action!

Wam 10-30-2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by haze324 (Post 17791613)
Daytona meet and greet.* I'm there!!

Sign me up for some 6 speaker 6.5 action!

That would be great, as I have wanted to meet you and hear your stuff.
This is y'all's guys game and what y'all are into. I just have a custom bike with a system that I ride, not a bike to take to competitions. Probably be like you guys trying to compete with me shooting skeet. But hey it's all in fun and I can take whatever, I have thick skin. I will look forward to meeting y'all. Just let me know where and when.
Allen

F350 10-30-2018 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wam (Post 17788720)
BTW, I have 3 Arc speakers, 2 Polk speakers and a Arc 600.4 and wiring that's good for sale if anyone is interested. The others are blown, but if you want them you can have them.

I may be interested in the amp and arc speakers

eaglefan1 10-30-2018 06:10 PM

This meet up is going to open a set of eyes (ears) I bet

Sabraitis 01-27-2019 12:42 PM

Hey Wam,

I’m talking with Peter now and looking at getting 4 Iron 65, the amp and DSP for my 2018 CVO Limited.
Live in Toronto, so I’m doing my own install. Did you do yours? How did it go, any issues?

You are making we lean towards Soundz over Biketronics......

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Wam 01-27-2019 01:20 PM

No, I didn't do the install but did the one before. I don't think it would be hard to do. His wiring harness is top notch and I am sure he could walk you through it. I am going to have them install speakers in my lids. This way I can have sound in the back when I take the tour pack off. You will be happy.

Wam 02-06-2019 12:39 PM

Hey haze and lucky 7, where will y'all be in Daytona? I would really like to meet y'all and hear the system's. Also I would like to compare what I have to y'all's. I will have some 6×9's added to the lids. I wanted to have the lids for when the tour pack is off.
Hope to see you there.
Allen

Wam 02-12-2019 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bdrummer0413 (Post 17790455)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...70469a108d.jpg
soundz on the left and mmatt 4100 on the right.. same exact amp. mmatts is cheaper of course..

No the same amp mmats copied it or tried to, but it what's inside that counts.

Wam 02-12-2019 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by eaglefan1 (Post 17792617)
This meet up is going to open a set of eyes (ears) I bet

Yes it sure is 😊😊

marshallb 02-13-2019 10:43 AM

So post what's on the inside...