Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audio Setup RGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:03 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

Seeing all the space available in that shark nose fairing really makes one reconsider the road glide platform, especially considering you were able to keep the stock head unit.

Once you get settled maybe put up some pics with the lowers in them. I'm a big fan of lower speakers it would be interesting to see the bike when it's back together.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hoyt, There's room in there for sure. Haze knows pretty much what will fit and what will not. I have to say, I had my doubts when I started with the MMats amp but he knew it would fit and sure enough, he was right. I have a bunch of pics during the install to try and assist anyone who travels this path. For my lower pods, I actually made my own. I was going to go with standard lowers but wanted something different. I will post up some pics of the bike when I get the fairing back on. I have it off right now just cleaning up a little more and making sure everything is placed best I can and its secure. I should have more pics and some videos up this weekend.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member

It's funny whenever some slicker in a dealership is showing me the latest and greatest "special" or "custom" bagger the first thing I notice is the complete lack of chrome; they look like a high school kid just sprayed it with colored primer because he couldn't afford good paint. The second thing I notice is the lack of places to put speakers.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:47 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
It's funny whenever some slicker in a dealership is showing me the latest and greatest "special" or "custom" bagger the first thing I notice is the complete lack of chrome; they look like a high school kid just sprayed it with colored primer because he couldn't afford good paint. The second thing I notice is the lack of places to put speakers.
that's funny, the first thing I notice about a bike with nothing but a bunch of chrome is a guy with no style or imagination, any one can bolt on a bunch of chrome LOL but I digress, there is a lot of room in th shark for sure, I don't miss my SG at all!!

Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Once I get done with my bike here soon I'll see if I can post some pics. Looking like 3 amps, full size DSP, and Sony Head unit in the fairing. I think I can fit a fourth small amp if needed. No amps in the bags that's for sure. I won't go back to an SG just because of that!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member

Dang Haze, maybe next go round I'll look for a Road Glide Ultra instead of an EG Ultra. I rode an RGS on a demo day one time and was impressed with the open air feel and light handling but couldn't tell how well the wind deflection could be because of the tiny little shield the specials come with. I'd be interested in riding an Ultra one day to see. On colder days I really appreciate the coverage of my 12" Long Ride shield and lowers.

Mike I guess the deal with the chrome is I grew up in the seventies when Shovelheads were the hot thing. They usually didn't come with much chrome on them from the factory so I got the shiny object bug early on. Also for the way I ride chrome is much more durable than paint.

The following users liked this post:
arlington (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by haze324
Once I get done with my bike here soon I'll see if I can post some pics. Looking like 3 amps, full size DSP, and Sony Head unit in the fairing. I think I can fit a fourth small amp if needed. No amps in the bags that's for sure. I won't go back to an SG just because of that!
Dang Brother. I can't wait to see this. I thought I had the fairing full already. I have been thinking on how to get a 3rd amp in there and may know the solution for me, but that's for another time. Lol. I know your bike is gonna knock it out of the park.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:03 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

We need videos! Let us hear your set up man!

Old 11-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Sorry guys. Here's a short video of it. Been a hectic week and the rain finally stopped for last couple of days. I'll get some more with it completely together and do a walk around.

The following users liked this post:
B3vis (11-21-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Stricnine
Cruiser

Another short vid.

Quick Reply: New Audio Setup RGS