Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why you should listen to these guys or "My experiment with RF TKIT+DSR1+AHB harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Why you should listen to these guys or "My experiment with RF TKIT+DSR1+AHB harnesses

A little background- I came on here a few years ago looking for audio upgrade info. I met a whole bunch of great, helpful people. I started upgrading my 2012 SG. I learned a hell of a lot. I was getting so damn close to where I wanted to be when I pulled everything out and I went and traded it in on a 2018 SGS.

I did fairing only. I don't want to cut my lids. So, not so happy with the factory system. I couldnt hear it once I started moving. I was working at a dealership at the time and got a great price on the RF TKIT. Decided to install it with the RF DSR1 using American Hardbagger harnesses.

The 2019s with the TKIT sound really good compared to the 2018. The difference is the HU. I thought I could compensate for it by adding a DSR1.

All I can say is what a disaster: no support from RF, and apparently my questions were an annoyance to American Hardbagger. I pulled that DSR1 and those harnesses right out, and I am now going to have to start from scratch. Hoping I can work off the RF amp as a starting point.

Listen to these guys and save yourself money and trouble.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:59 PM
DLennartz
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you don’t receive the information you’re looking for here post your questions on Harley Davidson Bagger Stereo on Face Book without bad mouthing any particular product or supplier. Those folks will be glade to help you out. I personally receive excellent customer service from Forest at RF with help setting up my twinn T400x4ad amps and Hertz speakers.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

i've always had good luck getting support from RF even before i was a dealer. why don't you do like you used to and post up your issues here and let us try to help. it sounds like you should be able to get it to sound pretty good. the dsr1 is a decent unit to use, so post up your issues.
m

Old 11-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Steve Newcomb
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the T kit and the DSR 1 in my 15 ultra limited and it sounds great. I asked American hardbag about the file they created for the dsr and they never responded to me. I spent a good hour or so adjusting it and I was happy with the results. I wouldn’t ditch what you have just yet.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:31 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Cheesehead_13, We are aware of the American Hardbagger DSR1 system. It attempts to adjust the signal after coming from [an already heavily] clipped source. We still suggest simply flashing the radio on 2014-2018 factory HD radios. This eliminates the fundamental issue which is the EQ. However, the 2019 model with the newest radio is a different story. We're actually recommending to retain the EQ, because the radio appears to be working as intended. The boot-up and DSP processing is much, much faster and it appears the compression circuits inside the DSP are working well to suppress excessive boost from the radio.

Last edited by Rockford Fosgate; 11-19-2018 at 12:02 PM.