Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My NEW set up!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 05:58 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
What makes you think that 1000w to a sounds damn good?
That was an attempt to be sarcastic. I was going to ask how is he going to pack the portable generator but didn't want to sound like an ***.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:00 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
That was an attempt to be sarcastic. .
Sometimes you can never tell around here!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
arlington (11-17-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 06:04 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Sometimes you can never tell around here!!!!!
You are right. Marco knows im messing with him. At least I think he does. lol

Old 11-17-2018, 07:32 PM
azmaniac
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Those prv Forte's are some heavy boys to consider in the lowers!!

Old 11-17-2018, 08:43 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

everything's all good guys, like i said before i'm kinda just trying to test some of the theories and things that i've read about car/sled audio vs the stuff that i know about with pro-sound re-enforcement. i will know for sure real soon. Alex, if I get free'd up after the Home-Safe Event that i'm doing I'll definitely try to make it down.
Kevin @ DD was the one that told me to throw 600 watts or so at each speaker, so i got enough amp to do that and then some, like i said, just for giggles, i fully expect that when i'm done a smaller amp, with maybe only one aux battery will be the final set up. If i can fab the lower pods to take the 8's, i'll really be a happy guy, as the amp i'm thinking of that will go in the final set up will be good to power those and the 10's and leave the rest as is is (with a micro for the horns). going in to the shop in the am to get the wiring done up, so if all goes well i'll be able to report tomorrow night. If it sounds real good, i'll put up a detailed list of the current components
i've also got 2 different sets of 10's to play, so if the current ones rock i can also try the back ups and pick the best between the 2. I'll also do a clamp measurement after the final tuning, as the amp actually has more power than what i've stated (manufacturer rating is over 2500 watts@2ohms, monoblock, full range)
m

Last edited by marcodarq; 11-17-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:26 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

This is an addicting hobby!

enjoy brotha!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:57 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

2-10"
4-8"
2-6.5"
4 horns
one battery
crystal clear ground pounding
am i doin something wrong?
1900 watts clean and measured

Old 11-18-2018, 09:20 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Yes, you are doing something wrong. You are making people dance 3 blocks away. That's just wrong!!!!!

Old 11-18-2018, 11:38 AM
rgsboogie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta step my game up

Old 11-19-2018, 04:12 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

OK, here's the update. Got everything installed and wired up and functioning. isolator works, one battery in each bag with the speaker and i'm gonna call it brand X amp cause I really like the company and they are working with me on the issues at hand. first brand new amp was bad right out of the box, powered up, but no sound output. confirmed it wasn't anything else on my install by re-installing previous amp to all the new wiring and it worked just fine. Fortunately I bought 2 of the same Brand X amps, so I installed #2, and while it works, it's not putting out the power that it should. I've been in contact with the tech dept from the manufacturer and confirmed all my test procedures with them and they want the amps back for inspection/repair/replacement. At best i'm only getting about 1k watts out of it and it should be procucing more than double that. and the most amperage it ever took in was 43 amps.
All that being said, it does sound real good, but it should be much better with the amp putting out the correct power. the additional 43 amp max draw that i recorded definitely does not warrant having the size batteries that I installed. (2x 35 amp/hr 800 watt). Once I get the amp back from Brand X and it's working as it should, I will re-test, tune and post up the results. If the draw ends up not being as much as anticipated, i can definitely downsize the batterys to 1/2 of the size i've got in there and drop a LOT of battery weight. I'm really trying to talk myself out of buying the Mmats HF6150, but man it's really starting to look like that one might be it for me. I need something small with goods SQ that can put out 600-900 watts per side @ 4ohms or 1k plus bridged mono that is stable A 2ohms. My measurements on the current amp translate to getting about 1000 out of it, but that shared between the 2 speakers is only feeding each one 500, give or take. the more power I throw at them, the better they get, and I imagine that my second pair will respond in a similar fashion. Oh well, there it is for now. Anyone got amp suggestions that fit the above specs, sized at 12inch x 9 inch x 2 or smaller?
marco

Quick Reply: My NEW set up!!