Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5

Old 06-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Coz2122
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
One of those preouts is for subs if I remember correctly.
What's the model number of your Aquatic?
Im in the work truck right now but I believe it’s one of these two models..

AQ-MP-5UBT-H

AQ-MP-5UBT-S

Old 06-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

Here are the output listings for the H model:

Outputs:2x stereo pair RCA (4V), 1x RCA sub-out, 1x rear USB (charging only)

Here are the output listings for the S model:

So it looks like either one should give a decent input signal to the amp.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1

Im currently using the 2 pairs of rca. One for the fronts and one for the lids. I’m assuming this is correct and I should Be in 4 channel input correct lol pic included and circled

Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Coz2122
Intermediate

It looks like I have the aq-mp-5ubt-hs model. Is there a way I can find out what volume this headunit starts to clip at?

Old 06-26-2019, 06:35 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

Coz that seems to be how I have mine hooked up as well.

The specs on the RCA outputs on the model you just listed SEEM pretty good:

I haven't looked at the controls of my Arc amp in ages because of the plate on top of the amp but I THINK I have the gain on my Motos turned down lower than you do. I know that is a general statement but I seem to recall the gain on the Motos in the fairing was turned down pretty low and I had to turn the gain for the rear channel (3 and 4) with the Mmats in the lowers up pretty high, maybe even a tad higher than you have.

I suspect that the high sensitivity of the Motos is why I didn't have to turn the gain up very high to get big sound out of them. Even with an aggressive EQ curve on my DSP I still had to turn the volume output of my DSP down one notch to keep the Motos from overpowering the Mmats in the lowers.

Also another thought is do you add much bass with the control on the head unit? One you get moving with these small speakers I have found very little benefit from adding more than a few notches on the bass control so I don't crank it up very high to be safe. These are just some thoughts I had based on my setup. Maybe someone with more experience than me can give you some pointers as well if none of this helps.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Coz that seems to be how I have mine hooked up as well.

The specs on the RCA outputs on the model you just listed SEEM pretty good:

I haven't looked at the controls of my Arc amp in ages because of the plate on top of the amp but I THINK I have the gain on my Motos turned down lower than you do. I know that is a general statement but I seem to recall the gain on the Motos in the fairing was turned down pretty low and I had to turn the gain for the rear channel (3 and 4) with the Mmats in the lowers up pretty high, maybe even a tad higher than you have.

I suspect that the high sensitivity of the Motos is why I didn't have to turn the gain up very high to get big sound out of them. Even with an aggressive EQ curve on my DSP I still had to turn the volume output of my DSP down one notch to keep the Motos from overpowering the Mmats in the lowers.

Also another thought is do you add much bass with the control on the head unit? One you get moving with these small speakers I have found very little benefit from adding more than a few notches on the bass control so I don't crank it up very high to be safe. These are just some thoughts I had based on my setup. Maybe someone with more experience than me can give you some pointers as well if none of this helps.
I don’t add any bass. It’s pointless as you can’t hear at 50-75mph anyways I keep my bass mid and Trev at a flat rate when tuning. Then adjust afterwards. I decided to buy an oscilloscope off amazon for HU clipping and distortion measures... I’m going to give that a shot when i get my new set in. I don’t want to go through the warranty process again. It’s a headache

Old 07-01-2019, 02:47 PM
wevsspot
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Coz2122
Hoyt and weve.

WEVE, I’m surprised you had a full pass on without distortion. There isn’t much difference from the gen 1 to the gen 2. I believe 25 watts rms... do you have yours tuned at 24.5?

I guess my question is once its set to 24.5v do I never go above the volume that I set that at?? Thanks guys.
I've got my AMP set to full pass, but still filtering using the BT355. Based on my measurements I'm crossed at approximately 120Hz with a -12/-14 dB slope down to 100Hz and another -12/-14 slope down to 80Hz. So power wise it's a fairly aggressive drop in wattage from 120Hz down to 80Hz. My peak PO to speakers is 225W using a 0dB 1kHz test tone. I've had my WDX6MOTO G2's installed since the 3rd week of May, and have about 1,800 riding miles on them now. I haven't broke them yet............................

The following users liked this post:
Ndfastln (07-01-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wevsspot
I've got my AMP set to full pass, but still filtering using the BT355. Based on my measurements I'm crossed at approximately 120Hz with a -12/-14 dB slope down to 100Hz and another -12/-14 slope down to 80Hz. So power wise it's a fairly aggressive drop in wattage from 120Hz down to 80Hz. My peak PO to speakers is 225W using a 0dB 1kHz test tone. I've had my WDX6MOTO G2's installed since the 3rd week of May, and have about 1,800 riding miles on them now. I haven't broke them yet............................
I don’t really understand what you mean why you talk about sloped and what not. Sorry for my ignorance but I’m not an audio guy, just kind of learning as I go here.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:43 PM
wevsspot
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

A slope is the gradual decreasing of frequency when using either the frequency filter on the AMP or something like the Biketronics BT355. For example; you have your HP filter on the AMP set to approximately 100Hz. it's not a hard cutoff, as there is still frequency attenuation below the 100Hz threshold. Depending on the quality of the filter circuitry and number of stages, the slope can be rather lazy, or it can be rather aggressive, or somewhere in between.

With a band pass filter (like a DSP or some AMPs that have true band pass or band block capabilities) you can adjust the device to only pass through certain frequencies, or completely block other frequencies giving you more control.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wevsspot
A slope is the gradual decreasing of frequency when using either the frequency filter on the AMP or something like the Biketronics BT355. For example; you have your HP filter on the AMP set to approximately 100Hz. it's not a hard cutoff, as there is still frequency attenuation below the 100Hz threshold. Depending on the quality of the filter circuitry and number of stages, the slope can be rather lazy, or it can be rather aggressive, or somewhere in between.

With a band pass filter (like a DSP or some AMPs that have true band pass or band block capabilities) you can adjust the device to only pass through certain frequencies, or completely block other frequencies giving you more control.
I’m sorry for the delay in my response as I never got an email saying you replied. I still haven’t received my warrantied speakers as I guess DB is giving my dealer a hard time. I’m hoping that changes soon....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5