Notices
Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5

 
  #1  
Old 02-05-2019, 08:53 AM
JAGlide's Avatar
JAGlide
JAGlide is offline
One Of The Regulars
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 148
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5

Just saw these online today and wondered if anyone has seen or heard these new speakers? The G5's have a hefty list price!
 
  #2  
Old 02-05-2019, 03:36 PM
SOFTPETER
SOFTPETER is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 270
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

I knew about the G2's for some time but did not know about the G5's.
I will put my hands on a set and report back.
 
  #3  
Old 02-06-2019, 08:45 AM
IndyNick
IndyNick is offline
New Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 53
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Apparently G5's are not shipping yet. I just ordered a set of the G2's though to try. I've had decent success with the regular wdx6moto's but it looks like the g2's have a little lower frequency response. Also them having a bridge mounted tweeter should help with midbass
 
  #4  
Old 02-18-2019, 10:58 PM
SOFTPETER
SOFTPETER is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 270
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

So I have been playing with the G2's for a week now.
So far they are smoother and more detailed sound than the gen 1's.
They are lighter , handle more power, have a little more thump.
The size of the tweeter seems to be smaller.
They are still coax the tweeter is not bridge mounted. Will post pics tomorrow of a side by side.
 
  #5  
Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 AM
Tailwind
Tailwind is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The Woodlands TX
Posts: 5,017
Likes: 0
Received 530 Likes on 472 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
So I have been playing with the G2's for a week now.
So far they are smoother and more detailed sound than the gen 1's.
They are lighter , handle more power, have a little more thump.
The size of the tweeter seems to be smaller.
They are still coax the tweeter is not bridge mounted. Will post pics tomorrow of a side by side.
Thanks SP!!
What's the out of the box (no tune) "bright as shix" comparison with these reference Gen 1, with that speaker being a 8 on the scale of 1 to 10.

May try them biatches or the mmat coax in big momma dragons tour pack.

Thanks in advance!!!

T
 
  #6  
Old 02-19-2019, 10:27 AM
SOFTPETER
SOFTPETER is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 270
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
Thanks SP!!
What's the out of the box (no tune) "bright as shix" comparison with these reference Gen 1, with that speaker being a 8 on the scale of 1 to 10.

May try them biatches or the mmat coax in big momma dragons tour pack.

Thanks in advance!!!

T
I would say 6.5. They still scream but not nearly as tinny or bright.
Waaayyyy more midbass. Overall a flatter speaker also.




 
  #7  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Cheesehead_13
Cheesehead_13 is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 469
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Any new news on these? Do they fit in pods?
 
  #8  
Old 04-29-2019, 02:28 PM
InthewindMN's Avatar
InthewindMN
InthewindMN is online now
Road Warrior
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,766
Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cheesehead_13 View Post
Any new news on these? Do they fit in pods?
Anyone else try these? What’s the going rate on these?
 
  #9  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Tailwind
Tailwind is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The Woodlands TX
Posts: 5,017
Likes: 0
Received 530 Likes on 472 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
Anyone else try these? What’s the going rate on these?
Yes. Got them for $220.

T
 
  #10  
Old 04-30-2019, 06:01 AM
SOFTPETER
SOFTPETER is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 270
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
Yes. Got them for $220.

T
Curious what were your thoughts?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: