Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Fairing speakers! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1271166-fairing-speakers.html)

Clayton24 02-13-2019 11:34 PM

Fairing speakers!

ok so i took everyones advice and im tearin the boom speakers out also whats a good fairing speaker to run with the RF tm400x4 as just a two speaker system in the fairing off of two channels of the amp ? Thanks also i have the BT line leveler now thanks for everyones help !

travelingypsye 02-14-2019 12:33 AM

What are your goals? Budget? The reason I ask is there are tons of different combos to get a good fairing setup. What year bike as that even makes a difference with the pods. Coax speakers are full range and the easiest to use. Component system are full range and can provide a better SQ if setup and tuned properly. A PA style woofer with a tweeter/horn can produce a much higher volume sound but are a lot harder to tune and require an inline capacitor to block low frequency from the tweeter/horn.

With that in mind there are literally hundreds of combos out there. Some better SQ than others and some more reliable than others.

Clayton24 02-14-2019 12:42 AM

Yea i shouldve gave more info ! I have a 15 ultra stock HU im thinkin a decent coaxial maybe like hertz hcx or infinity kappa somethin in that range my budget is prob gonna be around $300 or less for speakers im thinkin sumthin with an all around sound for a 6.5” PA is gonna be out of my range and league of knowledge just sumthin thats all around more if possible i was thinkin about the rockford fosgate tms65 but i keep reading here i’ll want more ? Something full range and sound quality and loud but i kno im not gonna get it all! Thanks

travelingypsye 02-14-2019 12:46 AM

Well you answered your own question. Those hcx 165's are damn solid for the most part are bullet proof and with the tm400 amp should give you a good sounding setup in the fairing.

Clayton24 02-14-2019 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by travelingypsye (Post 18034407)
Well you answered your own question. Those hcx 165's are damn solid for the most part are bullet proof and with the tm400 amp should give you a good sounding setup in the fairing.

ok great ! I appreciate the help i was leanin towards that just wasnt sure my oem speakers with the pbr 300x2 was just shy of what im after so im gonna give the hcx’s a try thanks !

AZBadgerFan 02-14-2019 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by travelingypsye (Post 18034407)

Great speakers, love mine

slodsm 02-14-2019 10:59 AM

I’ve seriously only heard one complaint about those hcx’s and it was from a sworn hertz hater so I think you’d be very happy with those. Lots of guys swear by them. Price ain’t bad either.

Clayton24 02-14-2019 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by slodsm (Post 18035326)
I’ve seriously only heard one complaint about those hcx’s and it was from a sworn hertz hater so I think you’d be very happy with those. Lots of guys swear by them. Price ain’t bad either.

thanks everyone ! Im sure gonna get them ordered i thought price wasnt bad either .

Tailwind 02-14-2019 08:32 PM

If ur not afraid to do drill holes in a fairing grill there are some really sneaky little component speakers that pound for $60 bucks. Bang for the buck they blow the doors off the HCX.

Rockville RLV6Kit.

T

CoachKenB 02-14-2019 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tailwind (Post 18036630)
If ur not afraid to do drill holes in a fairing grill there are some really sneaky little component speakers that pound for $60 bucks. Bang for the buck they blow the doors off the HCX.

Rockville RLV6Kit.

T

How’d you come across those?