Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beyma 6cx200nd's a bust?

Old 02-20-2019, 12:15 PM
IndyNick
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beyma 6cx200nd's a bust?

So I just wanted to reach out and maybe get an opinion if I could. I just dropped a set of the Beyma coax's in a 2018 Street Glide. They dropped right into the factory fairing speaker enclosures, I just had to turn them slightly and drill new holes. I used a a Rockford DSR1 dsp with the Stinger spx700x4 amp. I'm running the mids bridged and horns bridged because of the 8ohm coils to create 2 4 ohm channels on the amp. DSR1 is running mids 100-2500hz and horns 2500 and up. What i'm running into is they're just flat as all hell. Literally no mid bass what so ever. Even with a solid week break in they just sound flat. LOUD as hell but thats it. Ive spoken with one of the engineers at Beyma at length about it as well. We even poured sand into the factory pods to get a volume of the pods to try and come up with a port design but to no avail. He said on his end he would need twice the airspace in those pods for ported or unported to make them sound decent. He suggested running the Beyma Pro's with the pods cut open. Just curious what others experience with them was. Trying to salvage this install before I return these speakers.

NIck

Old 02-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyNick
So I just wanted to reach out and maybe get an opinion if I could. I just dropped a set of the Beyma coax's in a 2018 Street Glide. They dropped right into the factory fairing speaker enclosures, I just had to turn them slightly and drill new holes. I used a a Rockford DSR1 dsp with the Stinger spx700x4 amp. I'm running the mids bridged and horns bridged because of the 8ohm coils to create 2 4 ohm channels on the amp. DSR1 is running mids 100-2500hz and horns 2500 and up. What i'm running into is they're just flat as all hell. Literally no mid bass what so ever. Even with a solid week break in they just sound flat. LOUD as hell but thats it. Ive spoken with one of the engineers at Beyma at length about it as well. We even poured sand into the factory pods to get a volume of the pods to try and come up with a port design but to no avail. He said on his end he would need twice the airspace in those pods for ported or unported to make them sound decent. He suggested running the Beyma Pro's with the pods cut open. Just curious what others experience with them was. Trying to salvage this install before I return these speakers.

NIck

Try these

Old 02-20-2019, 12:51 PM
IndyNick
Advanced

Is that the BIke Tronics bracket? I had mentioned that to Beyma's engineer and he said running wide open air space you would still want to use the Beyma Pro version of those coax's. What do they sound like on there? Thanks
NIck

Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Is that the BIke Tronics bracket? I had mentioned that to Beyma's engineer and he said running wide open air space you would still want to use the Beyma Pro version of those coax's. What do they sound like on there? Thanks
NIck
I'm running the 6P200 and they pound. Crossed at about 85 at 12/24 on the slope.

Pretty shocked that those aren't performing well. Sumfin ain't right!

What ur basic tune look like? Slopes? They are damn good quality so over tuning is no bueno.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-20-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:02 PM
IndyNick
Advanced

T,

Are you running the Neo or Ferite version? In the stock pods or wide open ? Thanks
NIck

Old 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

NIck
Yes they are the BT brackets, you have to open up the inside diameter a little and mount them from the front.
I have not hooked them up, But alot of the big shops are running them with the back of the pods completely open. That many people cant be wrong. I would cut the back of the pod out or go with the BT brackets. They will not be completely open once you button the fairing together. These speakers are rated to play lower than the 100hz you have them set at. How low you want to go may depend on the amount of power you feed them.

Juice

Old 02-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

T,

Are you running the Neo or Ferite version? In the stock pods or wide open ? Thanks
NIck

Neo. If u want the 4 ohm version they are the 6Q200ND. Not easy to find though. A little narrower on the freq band too.

There are others that scream and hit pretty damn hard like the 6G but I'm a big fan of the mid bass in the fairing vs the mid range.

Try crossing ur current woof speakers at 85 and ramp that slope up a bit. 24 on the HP and target 0db at 85 and 12 on the LP rolling off at 3k.

The horns are prob good at 2500 and 12.

Just a wild **** guess. I'm running 4 CX300ND and them bitches are far from flat. Good air in the TP and prob .5 cu ft in the bags.

T

Old 02-20-2019, 02:17 PM
IndyNick
Advanced

T,

Those are the 8" correct? You're running those in the Tour Pack?

Old 02-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

T,

Those are the 8" correct? You're running those in the Tour Pack?
Voodoo Tour Pack.

I really cannot believe ur having a prob with these. Lots of dudes claiming this is the best coax of all time.

T

Old 02-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,105 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Alright, do I need to reconsider my game plan? Or do I just need to take the necessary time to tune em, when i do them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beyma 6cx200nd's a bust?