Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Harley 20s or 30k pairing (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1272394-harley-20s-or-30k-pairing.html)

CVORoadKing2013 02-23-2019 01:21 PM

Harley 20s or 30k pairing

Does anyone know or has anyone tried to pair a 20s or a 30k bluetooth head set with a non harley whim?

I am asking because my wife is looking at a Can Am Spyder F3 Limited and they need a bluetooth headset. She will still want to ride on the back with me at times and will want to hear the radio and be able to talk.
We currently have a CVO Road Glide Ultra and use wired headsets.
I am looking to add the whim module and either the 20s or the 30k but I want her to be able to use her helmet with either bike so she can hear the radio and we can still communicate.

I know you have to use the harley headsets to get stereo sound, but will it pair and work on a different bike and be stereo?

FurryOne 02-23-2019 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by CVORoadKing2013 (Post 18058360)
I know you have to use the harley headsets to get stereo sound, but will it pair and work on a different bike and be stereo?

Technically, it should work fine, but then the WHiM should "technically" give you stereo with Sena or Cardo headsets, but HD crippled non-Harley pairing so who knows?... they may have done the same thing with their headsets.

CVORoadKing2013 02-24-2019 06:17 AM

I agree it should pair with no issue. I agree Harley could have made it so it would not be stereo when paired to something other than a whim.

I am hoping someone may have already had to do what I am looking at and can chime in with their experience.

FurryOne 02-24-2019 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by CVORoadKing2013 (Post 18059641)
I agree it should pair with no issue. I agree Harley could have made it so it would not be stereo when paired to something other than a whim.

I am hoping someone may have already had to do what I am looking at and can chime in with their experience.

I have a list of questions I've asked of Sena on the H-D branded headset interconnections and am waiting for some answers that may clear this up.

CVORoadKing2013 02-24-2019 02:37 PM

Looking forward to you posting the reponse from them

JoeFLHX 03-18-2019 03:43 PM

Did you get those answered?

Originally Posted by FurryOne (Post 18060056)
I have a list of questions I've asked of Sena on the H-D branded headset interconnections and am waiting for some answers that may clear this up.

FurryOne 03-21-2019 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JoeFLHX (Post 18114724)
Did you get those answered?

Yes...

1. Will the H-D 30K and the Sena 30K talk to each other via Mesh? (YES)

2. Will the H-D 30K be stereo if paired to a Freewire? (YES)

3. Will the H-D 10S be stereo if paired to a Freewire? (YES)

4. Will the H-D 20S EVO be stereo if paired to a Freewire? (YES)

5. Will the Boom! Audio Expand be stereo if paired to a Freewire? (YES)

6. I'll take it from previous posts that an H-D 30K won't do Mesh if paired to a Freewire? (The Boom! Audio 30K can use Mesh Intercom if paired to the FreeWire just like the Sena 30K can.)