Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony AX5000 users, any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Kenbow
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

The BT ax5000 would be plug and play for you, the only connections would be the radio harness and RCA cables to your existing amp. You won't need the line levelers anymore.

The following users liked this post:
vhmike73 (03-18-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 270 Likes on 107 Posts

Just thought I would post this..I have the full Biketronics xav5000 that I just got installed..straight forward but the thumb controls are all screwed up..I know you loose some features but I turn the volume down with the left one...push the right one for volume up...and could not do anything else..tryed getting into custom settings and that was really weird and not better...anyone got any suggestions? I will say this...sound quality is awesome...HELP..

Old 03-17-2019, 04:15 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashnic
Just thought I would post this..I have the full Biketronics xav5000 that I just got installed..straight forward but the thumb controls are all screwed up..I know you loose some features but I turn the volume down with the left one...push the right one for volume up...and could not do anything else..tryed getting into custom settings and that was really weird and not better...anyone got any suggestions? I will say this...sound quality is awesome...HELP..
My BT XAV5000 as they shipped it to me is like this:
Left thumb up/down is volume up and down
Left thumb press in is source change
Left thumb left and right is previous or next song
Right thumb push is mute/unmute

There is a setup in the Sony to map things to your controls, but I didn't have to do any of that. From the Sony go to settings, general then steering controls. Mine is set to preset, but you can change it to Custom and Map what things do. BT customer service is awesome so I'd also drop them a call tomorrow too.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior

Yea..custom .is where I have been trying to get somewhere but just not happening..In custom settings I can get the left down to volume down, then try to set volume up and is says that control is already in use...I can go back to preset then use left pushed towards tank volume down, push right button in for volume up, push left button in for source and that's it. Calling Biketronics in the morning and see what they gotta say..I do love the sound but if the controls don't get much better then this don't know if it will be around long!

Old 03-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Death2al
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Sony AX5000 last year, and added the shimmy cover to it. Road the Southeast states during September. Right during the approaching hurricane. I went through heavy rain in Florida, Delaware, and DC. And I mean multiple hours of torrential downpours. It never skipped a beat, and it's still working perfectly.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior

Called Biketronics about the switches...spoke with Mike the Tech. Man can't say enough..stayed on the phone with me until it was up and running and thumb switches working correctly. Big thumbs up for Biketronics...

Old 03-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashnic
Called Biketronics about the switches...spoke with Mike the Tech. Man can't say enough..stayed on the phone with me until it was up and running and thumb switches working correctly. Big thumbs up for Biketronics...
what functions do the switches control now that it’s working?

Old 03-18-2019, 07:25 PM
Black_mamba
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone connected a mic to take phone calls while pulled over or to use voice controls? Would be nice to keep the phone tucked away.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:13 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_mamba
Has anyone connected a mic to take phone calls while pulled over or to use voice controls? Would be nice to keep the phone tucked away.
Nope never when I am riding, never on the phone even if while pulled over.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Black_mamba
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Nope never when I am riding, never on the phone even if while pulled over.
I get it but sometimes it's be nice.

Quick Reply: Sony AX5000 users, any regrets?