Notices
Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arc moto 600.4 w/moto 602

Old 03-18-2019, 08:36 AM
SBates08
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by kmarine
Well I am basically achieving 75 percent with all adjustments on amp at the lowest allowed.
I start to get distortion around 78 percent depending on the song
This is because you're not setting the gains on the amp properly. Turn the gains all the way down on the amp. Turn your volume up to 75% on the HU and play a song that you know very well and adjust gains up slowly until you begin to hear distortion. At this point turn the gains down just a smidge and you're set. Your new MAXX volume is now 75% because your amp is matched to that setting. Do not go above that.

As far as the amp inside the HU, it's not in play when you're using the RCA preamp plugs.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:40 AM
FrenchieM
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I don’t know what lowest allowed setting on amp are. By going past that 75% some HU signal gets dirty not all but some. If it’s aRushmore bike then yes it’s gets dirty after 75%. Some May say theirs don’t but it’s a good starting point none the less. So if yours isn’t disyirting at 75% then slowly turn up gains till it does then back it down. Hell my bike usually only sees 60% most
of the time as no need for me to run it out.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 AM
kmarine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08 View Post
This is because you're not setting the gains on the amp properly. Turn the gains all the way down on the amp. Turn your volume up to 75% on the HU and play a song that you know very well and adjust gains up slowly until you begin to hear distortion. At this point turn the gains down just a smidge and you're set. Your new MAXX volume is now 75% because your amp is matched to that setting. Do not go above that.

As far as the amp inside the HU, it's not in play when you're using the RCA preamp plugs.
What I am saying anytime I turn any thing up I get distortion, if every setting is all the way down its fine

Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 90 Posts

Those Motos need 150w just to wake up. Then get them to 180 and they really start to sing.
Did you miss the part where I said they get louder than they need to be now with 150W? They are rated at 103.5dB sensitivity. The manufacturer recommends 50 to 150 watts listening wattage with 350 watts dynamic. They "sing" just fine now at 150. At one time I had only 120 watts feeding them and they sounded a little warmer. Not everyone needs to throw gobs of wattage at small speakers in an attempt to make them sound like larger speakers.

A common complaint I have seen on these boards regarding the Arc 602 speakers is that they sound too bright. Could it be that over driving them is why they sound that way?

Old 03-18-2019, 09:42 AM
FrenchieM
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1 View Post
Did you miss the part where I said they get louder than they need to be now with 150W? They are rated at 103.5dB sensitivity. The manufacturer recommends 50 to 150 watts listening wattage with 350 watts dynamic. They "sing" just fine now at 150. At one time I had only 120 watts feeding them and they sounded a little warmer. Not everyone needs to throw gobs of wattage at small speakers in an attempt to make them sound like larger speakers.

A common complaint I have seen on these boards regarding the Arc 602 speakers is that they sound too bright. Could it be that over driving them is why they sound that way?

If these are the only two speakers on the bike which mine were when I had them 180 seemed to be the sweet spot for me especially on the highway doing 70+, remembering all ears are different. Your set up is totally different than the OPs. I never said that throwing jobs of power was the answer. I said they can handle that kind of power though which is what most of us
are trying to explain to the OP here.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:49 AM
FrenchieM
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kmarine View Post
What I am saying anytime I turn any thing up I get distortion, if every setting is all the way down its fine
Ok your not understanding here. You just said when you turn it up to 78%. Thereís the problem donít turn it up ton78%. Just because it goes higher than 75% doesnít meant itís producing a good signal. Your stuck on I must turn volume up all the way
No you donít. Also need to realize your system will only be so loud with 2 speakers turning volume up to 100% isnít gonna make it louder. Take a breathe and do what Bates and I suggested with setting amp gain and see what happens. Then report back.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:02 AM
SBates08
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 523 Posts

Also, turning the gains up is not turning the volume up, instead your matching the amp to the HU's intended output. That's where you'll find the balance in the system once it's tuned correctly.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:13 AM
FrenchieM
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SBates08 View Post
Also, turning the gains up is not turning the volume up, instead your matching the amp to the HU's intended output. That's where you'll find the balance in the system once it's tuned correctly.
Yeah that ^^^^^

Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 PM
ZX2BY2U
One Of The Regulars
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious as to why you have your amp set to 2 ohms. Aren't those 4 ohm speakers?

Old 03-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm curious as to why you have your amp set to 2 ohms. Aren't those 4 ohm speakers?
Yeah there is that too but I figure one thing at a time

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: