Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: No sunshine, the break yo @#!$ remix

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 04:12 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
What songs?

Old 03-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Slodsm, that's sounding really good. How do you like the 6.
5 yellow basket presence in the fairing?

Old 03-18-2019, 06:23 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Slodsm, that's sounding really good. How do you like the 6.
5 yellow basket presence in the fairing?
Man I LOVE them. Granted I’ve only tried about 6 speakers in the fairing compared to some of these guys running a couple of dozen hahaha, but from what I’ve heard personally with my amps these are by far the best. Fosgate pps6-4 were honestly surprisingly good there, mmats 601’s sounded good but couldn’t get as loud as I wanted and I had to cross em a little higher. Prv’s just wouldn’t play low enough but sound killer in lowers, the others were when I was still trying to find the perfect coax and I don’t think anyone is gonna try that lol.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:29 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by slodsm
Not even a little bit honestly. That’s why I’m wanting to change em out for something with a little more sensitivity and power handling. The passenger can hear them well though.
Ive heard good things about the Crescendo UN 6.5” in tp but have never heard them personally. They have a pretty high spl but are a little big for some pods.

The following users liked this post:
slodsm (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 09:01 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
Ive heard good things about the Crescendo UN 6.5” in tp but have never heard them personally. They have a pretty high spl but are a little big for some pods.
Swing for the fence on these TP speakers OP!!! There has to be better than the traditional spec mids.

T

Old 03-18-2019, 09:18 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

T do you have your pods ported since they’re oversized or no? I still haven’t ported mine, just lined them with polyfill.

Im really hung up on the 6mr500’s for a amp/dsp strategy. It would simplify setup a LOT to just add another set of them and use a splitter and have an entire channel dedicated since they’re going to be equal in crossover/eq settings. I had to get creative to run 8 speakers and 4 tweeters through the RF DSP because everything right now aside from tweeters wants a little different crossover point and a little different tuning. If I made all of my midrange speakers the same ohhhh it would be easier.

Hell I don’t know, maybe I should just say **** on retirement at a decent age and replace all midrange with Beyma’s. That’ll get me back in the wife’s good graces Hahahaha.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

I'm telling you the GZ red are ridiculous. I know the specs say they don't come on till 150hz but they are still a warm sounding speaker. with a sensitivity rating of 96db. They are loud and very true. Definitely one of the best speakers I have heard. I was gonna pull them so I could say I have a all "Beyma" bike. But, once I heard them man They are nice. I am sending them a stupid amount of power though too!

Juice

Old 03-19-2019, 07:53 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Juice
I'm telling you the GZ red are ridiculous. I know the specs say they don't come on till 150hz but they are still a warm sounding speaker. with a sensitivity rating of 96db. They are loud and very true. Definitely one of the best speakers I have heard. I was gonna pull them so I could say I have a all "Beyma" bike. But, once I heard them man They are nice. I am sending them a stupid amount of power though too!

Juice
Would you consider using them in the fairing? I know a lot of shops do, but usually in conjunction with 10s it seems.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by marshallb
Would you consider using them in the fairing? I know a lot of shops do, but usually in conjunction with 10s it seems.
That would be more of what else do you have to support a speaker coming in at 150hz. Personally I don't know if I would like them in the fairing. But for a TP speaker if you have some low end to support it. This speaker is loud and clear. I think more true than a prv and does not get muddy or dirty as you keep going up with the volume.

Juice

Old 03-19-2019, 08:15 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Juice
That would be more of what else do you have to support a speaker coming in at 150hz. Personally I don't know if I would like them in the fairing. But for a TP speaker if you have some low end to support it. This speaker is loud and clear. I think more true than a prv and does not get muddy or dirty as you keep going up with the volume.

Juice
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: Video: No sunshine, the break yo @#!$ remix