Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Tuning Songs (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1275538-tuning-songs.html)

FrenchieM 03-18-2019 04:12 PM

Tuning Songs

Let’s see what everyone is doing. Are you tuning using specific songs that are known to reach
each end of the vocal spectrum or are your tuning it to the type of music you listen to?

travelingypsye 03-18-2019 04:43 PM

Most wont share their secret sauce tuning song but will share what is common knowledge songs. I use 2 versions of the same song for specific tweaking. Ain't no sunshine Lido version (hate that bubble song) for the highs and DMX version for the lows to tweak the cross overs. Gains with Blood sweat and tears Spinning wheel because of the horns and vocals. Beth Hart Sunday kind of love also for the vocals. Gotta love me some Beth Hart.

FrenchieM 03-18-2019 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by travelingypsye (Post 18114890)
Most wont share their secret sauce tuning song but will share what is common knowledge songs. I use 2 versions of the same song for specific tweaking. Ain't no sunshine Lido version (hate that bubble song) for the highs and DMX version for the lows to tweak the cross overs. Gains with Blood sweat and tears Spinning wheel because of the horns and vocals. Beth Hart Sunday kind of love also for the vocals. Gotta love me some Beth Hart.

yeah I wasn’t looking for specific songs as I know it’s a secret for most just was wondering if there was specific songs or
just what genre they listen too

travelingypsye 03-18-2019 05:04 PM

Hell I misread your original post. I use all spectrums of music to tune including dubstep, rap, techno (most comp type music) and good jazz. Stevie Ray and Joe Bonamassa is hard to beat for me.

eaglefan1 03-18-2019 05:25 PM

Nora Jones, I don't know why.
Its used a lot for home stereos, I've used it on my bike. Im not skilled at all yet in the tuning process though.
Super clean production

Tailwind 03-18-2019 05:44 PM

Not supposed to share my songs cause I can't remember who I got them from and which ones are top secret. Got scolded on the other thread.

But damn do I have some good ones!!!

T

SBates08 03-18-2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Not supposed to share my songs cause I can't remember who I got them from and which ones are top secret. Got scolded on the other thread.

T

That's some funny shit right there. Hell if it was a secret they probably wouldn't have given it to you Lol.

Frenchie I have a couple go to songs for tuning but I'm always looking and trying out new songs. I look for songs with a very wide dynamic range and also songs using more than your common band instruments.
Try this one on for size. Weird but easy listening.

kmarine 03-18-2019 06:24 PM

ok heres my secret song little bit of everything copy and paste in you tube

Jeff Lynne's ELO - Mr. Blue Sky (Live at Wembley Stadium - Audio)

but as you know I have not had much success with it as i am still working on my first amp install lol
and by the way thanks for the posts

USAproud 03-18-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tailwind (Post 18115096)

T

Why you holding out brother?????

Tailwind 03-18-2019 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by USAproud
Why you holding out brother?????

Because I was verbally assaulted on a different thread for giving out top secret songs.

But damn do I have some really amazing stuff to use for tuning!!!!!!!!

T