Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal ?

Old 03-21-2019, 02:02 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I am running the 8's in the rear corner of my bags powered by a TN 900 (approx. 140-150 rms} and I can hear them up to 55 mph easily with the right music source! Do not believe the naysayers when they say you won't hear those 10's at 60 mph, especially where they will be mounted (firing right under your but)! You won't believe how much better your whole system will sound when you add those ten's especially with that 1200.1 running those yellow beoach's 02
Dear Wam Jr.................

I'm gonna venture out here and suggest that if u hear them 8" beoaches stuffed in the back of ur bags at 55, u might think about ur front stage as a future project.

Just sayin.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 03-21-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Houston_t
This will be my parking lot music, I have the riding at 80mph music covered what im looking for now is good midbass when parked and low speed cruising. Just wondering if that is a good deal for those parts.
Brother if ur looking for some very solid parking lot stuff and don't have concerns over the bag space, I'm thinking this is a pretty good play. GBagger Stereo has always done right by me and are very responsive as a solid resource. Sure u could do cheaper but CS is generally always worth the coin.

On a mobile device thus can remember if u have lids, but these are not something that will play well with other woods in that same enclosure without air separation.

T

Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Houston_t
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Dropped of my bike to have a cam installed at a local shop who also does a lot of bagger audio. He let me hear a few bikes with 10's ( Ground Zero and Faital ) and I am having them install me the 10'' GZ's. Was gonna with 8's but after hearing the 10's I think that is right where I want to be sound wise so I will sacrifice the bag space. My bike does currently have lids so he gave me a few options, go back with stock lids and add horns to the bag ( they had a bike up there with this setup sounds good ) remove the 6x9 and add horns to the lids ( have not heard this setup yet but I assume its similar to the bike with them in the bags ), or make a baffle and keep the 6x9's / 6.5''. Not sure which route I want to go yet but I have time to listen to a few more bikes and decide, I think the best sounding was the 10'' GZ with a compression driver in the bag and 6.5'' speakers in the lids in baffles but this may be a little overkill for me. Thanks for all the help with my recent audio questions, I want to do this once and be done with it so it was not an easy choice to make.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:46 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Dropped of my bike to have a cam installed at a local shop who also does a lot of bagger audio. He let me hear a few bikes with 10's ( Ground Zero and Faital ) and I am having them install me the 10'' GZ's. Was gonna with 8's but after hearing the 10's I think that is right where I want to be sound wise so I will sacrifice the bag space. My bike does currently have lids so he gave me a few options, go back with stock lids and add horns to the bag ( they had a bike up there with this setup sounds good ) remove the 6x9 and add horns to the lids ( have not heard this setup yet but I assume its similar to the bike with them in the bags ), or make a baffle and keep the 6x9's / 6.5''. Not sure which route I want to go yet but I have time to listen to a few more bikes and decide, I think the best sounding was the 10'' GZ with a compression driver in the bag and 6.5'' speakers in the lids in baffles but this may be a little overkill for me. Thanks for all the help with my recent audio questions, I want to do this once and be done with it so it was not an easy choice to make.
Houton,

When the weather breaks hit me up lets meet up for a adult pop and talk and listen to audio! I am in Mount Clemens.

Juice

Old 03-21-2019, 07:59 AM
Houston_t
Tourer

Originally Posted by Juice
Houton,

When the weather breaks hit me up lets meet up for a adult pop and talk and listen to audio! I am in Mount Clemens.

Juice
Sounds good, I am out in Belleville right by Metro Airport.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:08 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Houston,
Since u already have speakers in the lids, ask ur local guy about the strategy of keeping the lids and making an adapter plate for the 6x9 mounting holes and installing some nice compression drivers in those holes.

T

Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 AM
Houston_t
Tourer

The bike that I heard and like has 2 DD B3's in each bag there was also one that has 2 in each lid ( have not heard that one yet ) what would be the sound difference in those vs the compression drivers ? I heard a bike with the compression drivers but it also had a lot more other components on it so its hard to make the comparison, that bike sounded amazing of course but was overkill for me and my budget lol.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Iron25
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I actually spoke with him a few weeks back about having some rings installed. If I don’t attempt to do it myself the bags will be going to him or Watts Audio in Farmington MI.
I had Watt's audio do all of my stuff. Great guy, really knows his stuff, and my bike sounds amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone

Old 03-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Houston_t
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iron25
I had Watt's audio do all of my stuff. Great guy, really knows his stuff, and my bike sounds amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone
Yep he is doing mines also. Funny thing is I always ride past there and never thought to stop in, Zippers Performance recommended him for my cam install of their Redshift 468 cam. What all did he set you up with ?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Iron25
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

arc moto 600.4 amp, 6.5" AD desgin 4000 series fairing speakers, the rockford fosgate lid kit, 12" LA Chopper twin peak bars, powdered coated a bunch of my chrome, LED on all my lights. I need to get up there in the next couple of weeks. I want to talk to him about head pipes. I think I know what I want, but want his opinion as well. The problem is, every time I go up there, I usually end up hanging out for a couple hours, and buying more stuff. LOL

Last edited by Iron25; 03-21-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a good deal ?