Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Want stereo- Need help! Lol (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1275713-want-stereo-need-help-lol.html)

Thehairlessone! 03-19-2019 07:49 PM

Want stereo- Need help! Lol

Any help would be appreciated guys. Had a street glide. Sold it and got a fat boy. Love the fat boys. Only thing I miss is the stereo. Bought a cheap one on amazon and sent it right back. Got a kuryakyn half installed but was questioning the quality vs. boom audio.

Anyone have experience with either system ? Or if you know a better one please let me know. Getting close to riding season here. I dont want to spend over $500 and I dont need anything fancy. Just want something that sounds decent and has Bluetooth. Don’t want a piece of crap.

Appreciate it

Rick

slodsm 03-20-2019 12:55 AM

Rick do you have a windshield on your FB? Reason I ask is I had a softie before this bike and I did the Kuryakn just to have some tunes for road trips (I took that softail everywhere lol) and I ended up getting a cheap bar mounted windshield for it and placed the speakers behind it. You flat out couldn't hear them at highway speeds without it. Even with it everything is drowned out but the vocals which is still better than nothing.

Don't go into it expecting awesome blaring music because they just can't provide that with the limiter speaker size and mounting locations.

For jamming some Chris Stapleton while running down I-35 though, they're better than nothing. Honestly though, you're going to get better clarity out of a good set of headphones and save a fortune comparatively speaking.

Thehairlessone! 03-20-2019 05:37 AM

I do have a windshield I know that will help. What did you think of the kuryakyn?

rick

Sturgis67 03-20-2019 07:25 AM

Ear buds with tunes in your pocket was the only solution I found this worked for me.
Good luck in your search.

Steel Horse Audio 03-21-2019 07:50 AM

Hi Rick -- We offer a top-end, high output handlebar mounted sound system. We've perfected the quality and volume on all our systems to certify them for highway speeds. They sound great and are plenty loud, even at speeds of 80+. They are handlebar or highway bar mounted. We use name brand components and back everything with a 5-year warranty. Check us out at steelhorseaudio.com and read some of the reviews about the systems... Let me know if I can answer any specific questions... Thanks!

Hoyt 1911A1 03-21-2019 08:59 AM

I gotta say the best solution for a problem like this is two have at least two motorcycles. One with a fairing and bags and the other one nekkid.

To achieve this goal I have been driving the same truck since 1990.

Thehairlessone! 03-22-2019 08:11 PM

Thanks guys. Found some great noise cancelling Bluetooth earbuds at Best Buy for $100. Now I’m happy.

rick