Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Need some bass from bags. 8’s or 10’s? Brands? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1276009-need-some-bass-from-bags-8is-or-10is-brands.html)

IndyNick 03-21-2019 06:51 PM

Need some bass from bags. 8’s or 10’s? Brands?

Would like to add some jefe rings either 8’s or 10’s. Trying to get an idea of speakers to use. I see the yellow basket ground zeros are popular. What about beyma or prv? Thanks

Babyboy 03-21-2019 08:31 PM

What frequencies are you trying to target that will complament the rest of your system?
How much power do you have available to push the 8s or 10s.

Are you looking for punchy midbass or some rattle finding lower freq bass?

What is in the rest of your system??

Moto Mike 03-21-2019 08:36 PM

I'm running the GZCK's yellow basket 8's and they fit in with my system (not running horns and have 6,5;s in fairing, lowers and TP pods & 6x9 lids) the balance in sound is just right IMHO and 10's would have over powered my modest setup...plus I wanted to save some bag space! Depends on your end game as far as 8's or 10's go...good luck with you quest!

IndyNick 03-21-2019 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Babyboy (Post 18123789)
What frequencies are you trying to target that will complament the rest of your system?
How much power do you have available to push the 8s or 10s.

Are you looking for punchy midbass or some rattle finding lower freq bass?

What is in the rest of your system??

Defienety looking for more of a punchy midbass. Not necessarily subwoofer bass as I’d like hear it when riding above 40 mph. I’ll use an amp based on power requirements of the speaker.

Babyboy 03-22-2019 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by IndyNick (Post 18123806)
Defienety looking for more of a punchy midbass. Not necessarily subwoofer bass as I’d like hear it when riding above 40 mph. I’ll use an amp based on power requirements of the speaker.

Speaker recommendation would depend on the rest of your system and speaker location

ssmorga78 03-22-2019 11:57 AM

I am running a pair of PRV 6MR500-4's in a set of lowers, a pair of Cadence XPro69's in my lids with 150w going to each speaker. I added a set of PRV 8MB450's in the rear of my bags to start with and fed them 260w each. I got a nice midbass punch to them, but wanted more. So I decided on giving the GZ Yellow Baskets a shot since they were available in 4ohm vs the PRV 8MBB600ft's that only come in 8ohm. I am really glad I did ..... I can feel the bass hits when I am running down the road at 60mph when my volume is cranked to about 2/3rds max. I am running this setup on a 2009 RK. I also have a RF DSR1 for tuning .... which I would highly recommend a DSP unit if you don't already have one ..... makes tuning the system to sound good SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

ssmorga78 03-22-2019 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by IndyNick (Post 18123806)

Are you putting these in lids or inside the bags? Cause I personally don't think you are gonna necessarily "hear" them when riding above 40mph with them inside the bag facing the rim. That is how I have my GZ's placed and I certainly "feel" them, but I don't think I really "hear" them. If you're going lid route, then yeah ..... you're gonna hear those pretty well.

IndyNick 03-23-2019 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by ssmorga78 (Post 18125142)
Are you putting these in lids or inside the bags? Cause I personally don't think you are gonna necessarily "hear" them when riding above 40mph with them inside the bag facing the rim. That is how I have my GZ's placed and I certainly "feel" them, but I don't think I really "hear" them. If you're going lid route, then yeah ..... you're gonna hear those pretty well.

Definetly facing the rim as I didn’t really want to do lids. I’ll probably go with the GZ yellow basket 10’s then and give them plenty of power!

ssmorga78 03-23-2019 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by IndyNick (Post 18127004)
Definetly facing the rim as I didn’t really want to do lids. I’ll probably go with the GZ yellow basket 10’s then and give them plenty of power!

That should definitely do the trick for ya!