Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CV B52 and Aquatic AV install

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 09:20 PM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Default CV B52 and Aquatic AV install

Hey all, I'm installing a Cerwin Vega B52 on my 2013 Streetglide with a Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H head unit. I previously had a Hogtunes amp that I got for free and I've decided to replace it with the CV. I also have the J&M Rokker speakers in the fairing and will most likely replace these soon as well.

I haven't done anything with audio since I hacked in some subs into my car when I was 16 so forgive me if these are simple questions. The amp was missing the speaker wire plug out of the box (this is being rectified by the local shop I bought it from), but it did have the RCA plug for the inputs. What inputs do I pull from for the RCA into the amp? The head unit uses the factory speaker wires, so do I need to wire in a speaker wire to RCA from the factory wires then plug that into the femal RCAs into the amp? There are a few female RCA's on the amp but one set is for rear outs and the other is audio in, so I'm assuming neither of these will get used since I'm only doing a two speaker set up in the fairing.

Here's a few pics, and of what came in the box (missing the speaker plug wire). If anyone can put me on a path for some baseline settings for this amp I would also appreciate that.

CV B52 and Aquatic AV install-ztqv10p.jpg

CV B52 and Aquatic AV install-njmrvsa.jpg

CV B52 and Aquatic AV install-ezcavfg.jpg

CV B52 and Aquatic AV install-iokqdcv.jpg

Old 04-06-2019, 04:52 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by CyGlide
Hey all, I'm installing a Cerwin Vega B52 on my 2013 Streetglide with a Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H head unit. I previously had a Hogtunes amp that I got for free and I've decided to replace it with the CV. I also have the J&M Rokker speakers in the fairing and will most likely replace these soon as well.

I haven't done anything with audio since I hacked in some subs into my car when I was 16 so forgive me if these are simple questions. The amp was missing the speaker wire plug out of the box (this is being rectified by the local shop I bought it from), but it did have the RCA plug for the inputs. What inputs do I pull from for the RCA into the amp? The head unit uses the factory speaker wires, so do I need to wire in a speaker wire to RCA from the factory wires then plug that into the femal RCAs into the amp? There are a few female RCA's on the amp but one set is for rear outs and the other is audio in, so I'm assuming neither of these will get used since I'm only doing a two speaker set up in the fairing.

Here's a few pics, and of what came in the box (missing the speaker plug wire). If anyone can put me on a path for some baseline settings for this amp I would also appreciate that.

take the 2 RCA output from the aquatic head unit and plug them into the RCA harness on the B52 (input to amp).
you will need a pair of 18" RCA to connechead unit to amp
the amp output (4 wire plug) will then get wired to your speakers.
I think you will need to Fade head unit fully to rear output as those RCA outputs are rear channel
the blue wire will connect from power antenna lead on head unit to "remote" power on amp

Last edited by yooperhog; 04-06-2019 at 05:00 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-11-2019, 05:00 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Thanks for the help sir. I had to travel this week for work but will get it all together this weekend. Any idea on settings for the amp?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:49 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks for the help sir. I had to travel this week for work but will get it all together this weekend. Any idea on settings for the amp?
Id dump the JM speakers too.
So many options out there that will blow those outta the water.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yooperhog
Id dump the JM speakers too.
So many options out there that will blow those outta the water.
Yea I fully intend to replace them. Any suggestions? My main goal is just good sound quality at highway speeds. Not trying to be the loudest or anything. I'm trying to be cost effective as I've already dumped around $2k into the bike over the winter, but I was looking at maybe Infinity Kappas or Hertz Milli Pros. Any other suggestions?

Old 04-12-2019, 06:48 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

If you are concerned about keeping marine rated equipment the Polk MM 652s sounded pretty good on my neighbor's bike when I heard them yesterday and they are pretty cost effective.

I haven't heard enough different speakers to say if they sound better than others in it's price range though.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:24 PM
clintox
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What a coincidence. I just ordered a B52 last night to connect to my Aquatic AV on my 2013 SG.

I ordered the male to male coupler below so I could connect the head unit's RCA outputs to the amp's inputs. I won't need a cable because the amp will be sitting on top of the head unit.

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 PM
clintox
Advanced

Yea I fully intend to replace them. Any suggestions? My main goal is just good sound quality at highway speeds. Not trying to be the loudest or anything. I'm trying to be cost effective as I've already dumped around $2k into the bike over the winter, but I was looking at maybe Infinity Kappas or Hertz Milli Pros. Any other suggestions?
I've been very happy with my Infinity Kappas for the last year using just the power supplied from my Aquatic AV. I will let you know how much better they sound with an amp.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:03 PM
clintox
Advanced

I installed my B52 today and for the money I think it sounds awesome!