Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best amp and 2 speakers $800 max, 19 RGS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:28 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by BobCat2
Have the same question as the topic starter - looking for a set of amp and fairing speakers to upgrade my SGS '19 for this season. Probably going to add two more (in lowers or in saddlebags), but later. Need something loud and have up to $1100 in my pocket. The problem is that I have to install in at my official HD dealer, so need something as easy to install as possible (like Boom!). May be J&M Rokker, or it is too much dollars for the brand?
Post a new thread to get more feedback. List your current setup, what your looking and budget. And also, stay far far away from J&M, I mean FAR away!

Old 05-17-2019, 03:04 AM
HDK
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My set up isn’t the best I know but it sounds awesome to me and is as loud as you’d ever want it to be.
Running SS pn4 1000.d amp that ran me $159
Hertz HCX 165’s in the fairing you can pick up on Amazon for $179. Will need adapter ring for these from biketronics
If you don’t want to remold the pods. Forgot how much they were.
MMats PA 601-4 6.5’s in the lowers I got from Garage Bagger stereo for $140 for the set
Hooked up with line levelers from biketronics that ran me $180 for the pair.
Purchased lowers from Amazon for $150 with speaker pods.

So all in I have about $850 in the system as far as the addition of 4 speakers, an amp and adding lowers.

Might not not be what you’re looking for but I don’t think you’d be disappointed at all. Even if you just went with the amp and hertz speakers in the fairing ,which is all I ran when I had them on previous bike. They are plenty loud, with quality sound on their own.

Good luck and ride safe

Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 186 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by HDK
My set up isn’t the best I know but it sounds awesome to me and is as loud as you’d ever want it to be.
Hertz HCX 165’s in the fairing you can pick up on Amazon for $179. Will need adapter ring for these from biketronics
MMats PA 601-4 6.5’s in the lowers I got from Garage Bagger stereo for $140 for the set

So all in I have about $850 in the system as far as the addition of 4 speakers, an amp and adding lowers.

Might not not be what you’re looking for but I don’t think you’d be disappointed at all. Even if you just went with the amp and hertz speakers in the fairing ,which is all I ran when I had them on previous bike. They are plenty loud, with quality sound on their own.

Good luck and ride safe
I currently have the same SS amp in my Ultra
Just found a good deal on a couple sets of HCXs. How are you liking the sound/tone of your mmats in the lowers? Can they keep up volume wise with the Hertz out on the highway in the wind? Do they compliment the HCXs well? Debating whether to use my second set of HCX in the lowers, or put them in the rear pods, and look at the mmats PA 601.4's or the Hertz SPLs for the pods.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 186 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by HDK

Good luck and ride safe
I currently have the same SS amp in my Ultra
Just found a good deal on a couple sets of HCXs. How are you liking the sound/tone of your mmats in the lowers? Can they keep up volume wise with the Hertz out on the highway in the wind? Do they compliment the HCXs well? Debating whether to use my second set of HCX in the lowers, or put them in the rear pods, and look at the mmats PA 601.4's or the Hertz SPLs for the lowers.