Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Designing my sound system and need some assistance from you guys.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Texrig
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Designing my sound system and need some assistance from you guys.

Ok so I have a 2019 SGS and looking to get her audio right the first time. I know that many of you continuously change your setup and have experience with a ton of the stuff on the market. Which is why I’m here. So here is what I have planned so far:

PRV 6MR500 in fairing
B3 Horns in the fairing @ stock mirror location
2 MMAT 690.4CX in the lids
2 MMAT 690.4CX in the bags firing toward rear wheel

How should I power this? Two amps or just one? I’d like to stick with sound digital since I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews on their amps and sound they produce. Also, would I be better off doing 8’s in the lids and bags? If so what setup do you like? And if I do run 8’s would I need to add rear horns as well? Sorry for all the questions fellas. Like I said I just don’t want to **** this up. Side note: I listen to mainly rap and rock. Thanks!

Dont want to run lowers due to having big *** size 15 feet. I need all the leg room I can’t get 🤷🏻*♂️

Old 04-23-2019, 05:13 PM
LBRock
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you already purchased this equipment?

Old 04-23-2019, 06:13 PM
Texrig
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by LBRock
Have you already purchased this equipment?
No Sir. I’ve been doing all the research I can on this forum and this is what I’ve come up with so far. Trying to put the plan into motion. But I’d like to be firm on my decision prior to dropping the $$

Old 04-23-2019, 09:13 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

I don’t have them nor have I seen them recommend but you could also look at the Mmats 801.4cx if you are interested in 8s. I have heard great things about the 6.5s and 6x9s. I don’t see why the 8s would be any different.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:13 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

I'd use 8's inside the bags instead of a 6x9s and since you are using pa speakers you might want to think about a dsp. 2 sd800's and a nano250should be goodto for amps, 2 under the hood and one in a bag, if you want more than enough power use the 1200.4 for the lids and bags and the 800 and 250 models underthe the hood for the front.
M
Either the DD Dsi2 or the RF DSR1 for dsp

Old 04-24-2019, 04:53 AM
Texrig
2nd Gear

I actually did forget to include that I would add a dsp since using pa speakers. If I upgraded to the Sony 5000 Hu would there still be a need for the dsp though? Heard good things about it’s ability to tune.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:01 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

I personally would not drill holes in the fairing to install horns on a brand new bike as once you do that, there is no return and you cant divorce that decision. You can put those b3's in a set of hogtune grills so to leave the mirrors alone. I run 6 speaker setup with a sony and no dsp on my setup as I use the sony equalizer for my setup. Granted I will probably get one at a later date seeing/hearing one in play.

What are your goals? I ask as adding lids is good but as of yet I have not been convinced that adding bag speakers can be heard at speed. If you are looking at parking lot tunes then in the bags facing the wheel will benefit you but riding at speed, they cant be heard.

SD amps are good but with no adjustable crossovers "yet" a dsp will be needed to tune them.

Just food for thought.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Texrig
2nd Gear

I will definitely do lids. Even thought about dual 6x9 lids. Not trying to be a parking lot pimp or anything. Although when we make stops I’ll let it rip for the group. My goals is a cohesive system that covers all the bases highs, mids, and lows. Which hogtunes grills are you running? I guess I haven’t seen those as of yet.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:36 AM
arlington
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings but the 8 lids are butt ugly. JMO put speakers and horns in the bag, get your front speakers on point, you have the best of both worlds plenty of sound at speed, low rear response when cruising or parked and a clean stock look.

The following users liked this post:
Houston_t (04-25-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

I agree with Arlington as I am not a big fan of 8 lid look. I am running the mmats pa690 cx in my lids and can hear them at speed.

These grills:

https://www.partsgiant.com/p343151-h...rills?f=129632

Quick Reply: Designing my sound system and need some assistance from you guys.