Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 cvo bag lids...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 07:02 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 411 Likes on 316 Posts
Default 2012 cvo bag lids...

can they be altered to accept 6x9 speakers.
I dont like the design of the aftermarket 6x9 lids for the 2012 so I'm trying to see if the 5x7 speaker lids that come on the cvo or some of the aftermarket can be modified to accept 6x9.
thanks

Old 05-09-2019, 07:28 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

:Look at American hard bagger as they have the adaptors as also v-twin audio out of Canada.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:34 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
:Look at American hard bagger as they have the adaptors as also v-twin audio out of Canada.
will do..and thanks again for your help.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Paul32730
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lids

Hey, I have a 2012 Limited. I just bought 6x9 lids from Hogtumes. I looked around forever because most of the aftermarket lids I saw just had the flat, rectangle grill at the forward part of the bag. I really like the look of the CVO lids where the grills wrap down over the front of the lid. That design kind of cants the speaker forward so it points more at the rider as well.

I finally found a set that is the CVO style that accommodates 6x9 speakers. They are made by Hogtunes. Now the other rub....I could only get them in black. So I called Hogtunes and spoke with a guy there named Ryan. I told him I was looking to buy a set of the CVO-style lids for a 2012 with 6x9's but I wanted them painted. He directed me to "Fairing XChange" in Orange Park, Fl. It's on the south side of Jacksonville. He told me to ask for "Paul."

I called and Paul answered. I told him what I wanted. He had 2014 and up in stock but had to order mine. He took my paint color and specs (CVO/6x9) and said he'd have the lids in a day and they'd be done in a week. Great guy and great service. They called me back when the lids came in to see if I wanted the grills painted too. Total price for the lids and painting, $599.00.

They do inner fairing mostly and are at all the events. I've seen them at Bike week and Biketoberfest in Daytona, and they do painted inner fairings, but I didn't know they did lids. I got a quote for them to do my inner fairing at Biketoberfest this year. Painted, and installed for $499.00. That includes them taking my fairing as an exchange. Pretty good price I thought. Anyway, I should have the lids next week and I'll post some pics for you.

Their information:

The Fairing XChange
144 Industrial Loop S. Ste. E
Orange Park, Fl 32703
(904) 589-5253
www.thefairingxchange.com

Old 05-11-2019, 09:58 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Paul32730
Hey, I have a 2012 Limited. I just bought 6x9 lids from Hogtumes. I looked around forever because most of the aftermarket lids I saw just had the flat, rectangle grill at the forward part of the bag. I really like the look of the CVO lids where the grills wrap down over the front of the lid. That design kind of cants the speaker forward so it points more at the rider as well.

I finally found a set that is the CVO style that accommodates 6x9 speakers. They are made by Hogtunes. Now the other rub....I could only get them in black. So I called Hogtunes and spoke with a guy there named Ryan. I told him I was looking to buy a set of the CVO-style lids for a 2012 with 6x9's but I wanted them painted. He directed me to "Fairing XChange" in Orange Park, Fl. It's on the south side of Jacksonville. He told me to ask for "Paul."

I called and Paul answered. I told him what I wanted. He had 2014 and up in stock but had to order mine. He took my paint color and specs (CVO/6x9) and said he'd have the lids in a day and they'd be done in a week. Great guy and great service. They called me back when the lids came in to see if I wanted the grills painted too. Total price for the lids and painting, $599.00.

They do inner fairing mostly and are at all the events. I've seen them at Bike week and Biketoberfest in Daytona, and they do painted inner fairings, but I didn't know they did lids. I got a quote for them to do my inner fairing at Biketoberfest this year. Painted, and installed for $499.00. That includes them taking my fairing as an exchange. Pretty good price I thought. Anyway, I should have the lids next week and I'll post some pics for you.

Their information:

The Fairing XChange
144 Industrial Loop S. Ste. E
Orange Park, Fl 32703
(904) 589-5253
www.thefairingxchange.com
thanks for the reply. you stated you could only get them in black from hog tunes. were they painted vivid black of just the printer. if not painted I will look into the fairing exchange. I purchased my level front fender from them so I know they do excellent work.
I look forward to the pictures.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Paul32730
Tourer
Default Lids

The website lists them as coming in matte black primer. When I talked to Ryan and told him I wanted them painted he gave me the information for Fairing XChange. So I took that to mean they only have the matte black.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:36 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

thanks..looking to expound on what I have.
I already have an extra set of bags so I only need the lids.

Last edited by memphisharley; 05-11-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Paul32730
Tourer
Default Hogtunes/Fairing Xchange Bags

Finally got the speakers in the bags and the bags on the bike. The process was easy, and enjoyable. My impressions - the lids are really well made. Solid, thick material and seem very durable. Everything (speakers, grills, etc.) fit tightly with no gaps. Everything lined up exactly as it should have with the opening closing of the lids as well. No tweaking, no fabricating, it all worked like it was supposed to.

Regarding the painting done at the Fairing Xchange - the lids are a perfect match. I was told by the owner that they use HD paint so not a surprise there I guess. The paint was glossy and smooth, no runs or ripples at all. I left my grills black but they called before they painted the lids to find out if I wanted them painted to match at no extra charge. The lids

arrived very well packaged and in great shape. No issues at all with the job they did, I'm very pleased overall.

I put DD VO6x9's in my lids. They sound great and are loud, although they took a little work getting them that way. This is NOT because of the speakers, but because of me still learning about tuning and setting gains, etc. I had a lot of help from the forum guys especially CPBedor is getting them set up initially. But they are great speakers and I'm very happy with them.

I attached some pictures of the right lid. The left one is off the bike because in all my trips out to the garage listening to the stereo I ran the battery down and it's on the Tender to charge up.

Last edited by Paul32730; 06-10-2019 at 02:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RBowers (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 PM
RBowers
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those lids look great. I'm currently waiting on a set from the factory match. com.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
mrmagloo
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

Looking at the possibility of adding lids, can you confirm the speaker is angled such that any water during a downpour would run off? From the pictures, it would seem not and could be a problem for us all weather long distance guys. I'm not relishing the idea of having to stop to flip the lid to drain periodically.

Quick Reply: 2012 cvo bag lids...