Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Lid Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 02:21 PM
franko3219
Road Warrior
Received 1,984 Likes on 749 Posts
Default Saddlebag Lid Speakers

I am wondering what the best route would be in regards to adding saddlebag lid speakers? I currently have the Boom Stage 2 speakers in my fairing (yes, I did make that decision, and I am fully aware of the opinions on this forum regarding the Boom products). However, when I add lid speakers, I want to move away from the Boom system. I had thought about the Rockford lid set, but I am wondering if doing something like this will result in the lids drowning out the fairing?

Old 06-03-2019, 09:04 PM
IArider1
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Are you meaning you want to run aftermarket lid speakers and amp in conjunction with the boom 2 in the fairing?

Old 06-03-2019, 09:20 PM
franko3219
Road Warrior
Received 1,984 Likes on 749 Posts

Correct. My understanding is even if I went with Boom for the lids (which I’m not looking to do), I’d have to get another amp for those as well. I believe that Rockford has an amp that they put in the saddlebag with the speakers.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:38 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

I don't believe mixing Boom with aftermarket will result in something you're going to be happy with. Especially considering the added frustration of trying to make them work together.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:22 AM
IArider1
Cruiser

to be honest I'm not sure how youd go about integrating a boom system with Rockford. As far as a sound output the lids will over power the fairing if your sitting still. They wont overpower going down the road.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,164 Likes on 3,520 Posts

Originally Posted by franko3219
I am wondering what the best route would be in regards to adding saddlebag lid speakers? I currently have the Boom Stage 2 speakers in my fairing (yes, I did make that decision, and I am fully aware of the opinions on this forum regarding the Boom products). However, when I add lid speakers, I want to move away from the Boom system. I had thought about the Rockford lid set, but I am wondering if doing something like this will result in the lids drowning out the fairing?
I am running the full RF front/rear kits on my bike, and the HU is flashed with their EQ. The rears do not drown out the fronts at all. IMHO, the system is very balanced for any riding speed. It is a LOUD system. If bass is your taste then this system isn't for you. It is set up to be heard at speed and excels in that capacity. The RF system envelops you in a sphere of sound, best as I can describe it. Very happy with it.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:36 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by strych9
I am running the full RF front/rear kits on my bike, and the HU is flashed with their EQ. The rears do not drown out the fronts at all. IMHO, the system is very balanced for any riding speed. It is a LOUD system. If bass is your taste then this system isn't for you. It is set up to be heard at speed and excels in that capacity. The RF system envelops you in a sphere of sound, best as I can describe it. Very happy with it.
The OP is still running stock speakers upfront so yes the RF lids with the RF amp will drown out the front.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:40 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,164 Likes on 3,520 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
The OP is still running stock speakers upfront so yes the RF lids with the RF amp will drown out the front.
In that scenario, you are correct. It was a bit ambiguous, since he indicated he wanted to move away from the Boom system. All good, thanks for pointing this out.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:43 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by strych9
In that scenario, you are correct. It was a bit ambiguous, since he indicated he wanted to move away from the Boom system. All good, thanks for pointing this out.
Correct. Very vague on what the OP is actually considering.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:27 PM
IArider1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
Correct. Very vague on what the OP is actually considering.
The way I am understanding it, is he wants to add the Rockford speaker kit in conjunction with the boom speakers in the fairing.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Lid Speakers