Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Used A DSP/PSM With A Sinister Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:48 PM
tylerfj24
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone Used A DSP/PSM With A Sinister Sound System?

There are a few of us here that have had or have Sinister Sound Speaker setups with the Arc Moto 600.4 and another guy uses the sound digital amp. Sinister does not use nor do they recommend a DSP but many companies offer them including Arc Audio.

Has anyone tried to run one with the BT Line Leveler or without and which one did you use?

How did it go? Did it work well or are these not worth the trouble

Just wondering I have someone wanting to buy one but asked me to check into it and Which DSP do you all recommend and why?

thanks

Old 06-07-2019, 09:40 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerfj24
There are a few of us here that have had or have Sinister Sound Speaker setups with the Arc Moto 600.4 and another guy uses the sound digital amp. Sinister does not use nor do they recommend a DSP but many companies offer them including Arc Audio.

Has anyone tried to run one with the BT Line Leveler or without and which one did you use?

How did it go? Did it work well or are these not worth the trouble

Just wondering I have someone wanting to buy one but asked me to check into it and Which DSP do you all recommend and why?

thanks
Depends on the source. Sounds like your referring to using factory hk unit. In that case no need for both .You have two major goals. Clean input to amp and clean output from the amp.The line leveler is just a cheap simple way of cleaning the output up, but leaves little room for equalization to tailor sound to tour liking and fine increment adjustment. With a signal processor you can clean the over processed signal up in the pre amp stage but far more accurately send clean output signal to amp with much better results. Difficulty is the knowledge and learning curve of how they work. Any system can benefit from a signal processor, but I would not spend the time and money on it based around a package system like sinister. Especially for only 2 speakers. As far as recommendation, all based off what setup is, size, budget , etc.