Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Warz Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
I think some are losing perspective on what these “comps are for”. To me looking in from the outside it appears that there is no cash for the winners. Maybe a belt or ring depending on what one you go too. So yes there are some bragging rights and
that’s fine maybe the winners should be the ones doing that instead of others that possibly weren’t even there. To me it
should be fun and a learning experience. Everyone seems to know the rules going in and how it’s judged so there
shouldn't be any complaints about that. Having shop bikes and Ground pounders there makes a great mix and I’m sure some
have used these shops for advice whether it be what components to use or maybe help with a tune. Who cares how many
bikes were in each class as well doesn’t matter if it’s 40 bikes or 4 bikes if you win or take whatever place that’s the place you earned that day. There’s always someone better as the saying goes. So instead of pitting the shops vs DIY we should all be
congratulating each other for a job well done doing what we love. Sled audio will continue to advance no matter what not depend on how comps are judged. I hope to make one some day myself just for the experience.
I don't mean to sound naive about perspective but if u think these comps are about providing free beer to a bunch of passer bys then there might be some room for re-calibration. This entire dealeo is about commerce. Fun for sure but it's all business driven.

Thus when the shops showcase their builds and abilities it's somewhat important for us consumers that the playing field is damn well defined and facts are clearly evident. Details matter.

For us consumers, it's all fun and games drinking beer and learning about all of the abilities, integrity and build strategies of these shops and also the product in play, but just don't get sucked into believing that these events are a M&G with free beer.

From this event I learned that the Stock Class is the group that I will pay the most attention to as my personal audio goals continue to evolve.

T

Old 07-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

I don’t hear any of the $20,000” guys complaining how it’s run. It’s the guy that spent $4,000.00 on speakers to win a soundoff at a MNG because they got their *** waxed the year before and guess what got waxed again in ES. I agree it needs to be professional but for $30 to enter what else are they expecting. Music is subjective and the judging will be the same is there room for improvement sure there is and all these comps will get better as they do more of them.
Who got their *** waxed?

Old 07-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Adenton528
Who got their *** waxed?
Yeah, did we miss a competition in ES?

I thought we just gave everyone trophies so that Francis would come to the next event.

T

The following users liked this post:
slodsm (07-17-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:28 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I don't mean to sound naive about perspective but if u think these comps are about providing free beer to a bunch of passer bys then there might be some room for re-calibration. This entire dealeo is about commerce. Fun for sure but it's all business driven.

Thus when the shops showcase their builds and abilities it's somewhat important for us consumers that the playing field is damn well defined and facts are clearly evident. Details matter.

For us consumers, it's all fun and games drinking beer and learning about all of the abilities, integrity and build strategies of these shops and also the product in play, but just don't get sucked into believing that these events are a M&G with free beer.

From this event I learned that the Stock Class is the group that I will pay the most attention to as my personal audio goals continue to evolve.

T
I could care less if there’s free beer or not. Yes shops want to showcase their work but their will be more um how do you say it Team DIYers there competing than shop bikes. I’m not sure where you stand as this post it sounds like your on the shop/builders side and your earlier posts you were all about Team DIY hard to keep up with where you stand sometimes with
all the encrypted wording.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:48 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

Yeah, did we miss a competition in ES?

I thought we just gave everyone trophies so that Francis would come to the next event.

T
Nah I don’t need trophies but I heard you received one that you totally deserve and earned.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:23 PM
LBRock
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Bike has a combination of a variety of brands. Beyma, GZ, Faital, PRV, JL Audio and Soundigital. 10 speakers total.
Cant wait to see it in Sturgis!! We have a little lightweight we are bringing. Hopefully y'all take it easy on us!!!

Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Nah I don’t need trophies but I heard you received one that you totally deserve and earned.
Prob time u double down on ur meds again.

T

Old 07-15-2019, 03:53 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Harsh crowd. T did receive a special award from me but as a joke and never intended to be thrown in anyone's face. With that being said, I think maybe I need to create a different trophy or maybe that trophy went to the wrong person. Geeezzzz.....

slodsm (07-17-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 04:00 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

Prob time u double down on ur meds again.

T
That’s funny as the same could be said for you.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Mean Jean
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some are losing perspective on what these “comps are for”. To me looking in from the outside it appears that there is no cash for the winners. Maybe a belt or ring depending on what one you go too. So yes there are some bragging rights and
that’s fine maybe the winners should be the ones doing that instead of others that possibly weren’t even there. To me it
should be fun and a learning experience. Everyone seems to know the rules going in and how it’s judged so there
shouldn't be any complaints about that. Having shop bikes and Ground pounders there makes a great mix and I’m sure some
have used these shops for advice whether it be what components to use or maybe help with a tune. Who cares how many
bikes were in each class as well doesn’t matter if it’s 40 bikes or 4 bikes if you win or take whatever place that’s the place you earned that day. There’s always someone better as the saying goes. So instead of pitting the shops vs DIY we should all be
congratulating each other for a job well done doing what we love. Sled audio will continue to advance no matter what not depend on how comps are judged. I hope to make one some day myself just for the experience.
Well said Frenchie, everyone is always ready to put someone down and talk **** because their buddy didn't win. We should be congratulating everyone and anyone on their accomplishments!!!!

Outkast6991 (07-15-2019)

Quick Reply: Sound Warz Chicago