Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Warz Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by Adenton528
Who got their *** waxed?
I'm wondering the same thing.

As far as ES is concerned, there was no sound comps. It was just a group of folks getting together for friendships, good times, good riding, playing with audio, sharing ideas and strategies. We mixed in a few good meals and beverages. Not to sound like the participation award group, but everyone there was a winner. Everyone that attended either upped their game from last year or walked away with a game plan to do it for the next one.

If these MnG are anything other than those things mentioned above, we're doing it wrong.

Now sound comp shows are different. If you think it's a MnG atmosphere, you're sadly mistaken. It's straight up about the money, bragging rights and trinkets. At least the ones of that caliber are all about it. While you can make friendships at these events, it's all about the win or placement for most. Plenty of those guys will **** away a friendship over the competition or **** talking. It takes an even keeled ego and personality to withstand it.

I've never had "too" many friends in my life, but I hold on to the ones I do have.

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited

As far as ES is concerned, there was no sound comps. It was just a group of folks getting together for friendships, good times, good riding, playing with audio, sharing ideas and strategies. We mixed in a few good meals and beverages. Not to sound like the participation award group, but everyone there was a winner. Everyone that attended either upped their game from last year or walked away with a game plan to do it for the next one.

If these MnG are anything other than those things mentioned above, we're doing it wrong.

Now sound comp shows are different. If you think it's a MnG atmosphere, you're sadly mistaken. It's straight up about the money, bragging rights and trinkets. At least the ones of that caliber are all about it. While you can make friendships at these events, it's all about the win or placement for most. Plenty of those guys will **** away a friendship over the competition or **** talking. It takes an even keeled ego and personality to withstand it.

I've never had "too" many friends in my life, but I hold on to the ones I do have.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Just in case some of the Forum dudes have not seen the Sound Warz National class ranking's (on SW page) our own Baby B is in 3rd place in the NATION in Pro Stock class...way to go Rob... the Pumpkin is bump'in! I for one am very ecstatic when the forum bro's Kick Azz!!!!!

Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited

I agree. And on that note Congrats to Rob for placing second in the comp arena. I know I have learned a ton from these M&G's and between Juice, Gann, T and that damn Bates, it has cost me a lot of money. Thanks guys......

Old 07-15-2019, 08:18 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Nicely said DSM. I for one am very proud to be friends and brothers with all the guys here and a bunch that were there!!! For sure, no doubt, a huge hats off to all the competitors and winners, categorize those as you choose. BRF has been the location of the MW MNG for a few years now and I hope it continues to grow annually. This year we decided to scratch all the classes and just simply “run what ya brung”. If we want to do something different next year I’m good with that too, but there is no doubt that competition is competitive by nature and if any of that will ever separate any of us, I am not down for that at all. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER than a few guys jumping in and helping out a guy that is looking for some help and education. I hope to make ES next year and who knows, maybe I’ll be the guy looking for help?!?!?. Point being, there is no room on this forum for people against people. We are all here to share ideas and experiences with others. Rob and Juice have both been WAY OVER THE TOP when it comes to helping out and sharing ideas with ALL OF US. Hell, my bike turns heads everywhere I take it and it is hugely in part to both of those two!!! ( and a few others) I think my rant is kind of over and I am very thankful that Steve (DSM) jumped in to try to neutralize this thread before it turned south in a hurry. I am very proud to call every one of you guys friends, please let’s keep in mind what has built this forum, and work to continue that Heritage.
Kris

The following 2 users liked this post by BlackPearl#1:
eggwhite93 (07-15-2019), Moto Mike (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:52 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Nicely said DSM. I for one am very proud to be friends and brothers with all the guys here and a bunch that were there!!! For sure, no doubt, a huge hats off to all the competitors and winners, categorize those as you choose. BRF has been the location of the MW MNG for a few years now and I hope it continues to grow annually. This year we decided to scratch all the classes and just simply “run what ya brung”. If we want to do something different next year I’m good with that too, but there is no doubt that competition is competitive by nature and if any of that will ever separate any of us, I am not down for that at all. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER than a few guys jumping in and helping out a guy that is looking for some help and education. I hope to make ES next year and who knows, maybe I’ll be the guy looking for help?!?!?. Point being, there is no room on this forum for people against people. We are all here to share ideas and experiences with others. Rob and Juice have both been WAY OVER THE TOP when it comes to helping out and sharing ideas with ALL OF US. Hell, my bike turns heads everywhere I take it and it is hugely in part to both of those two!!! ( and a few others) I think my rant is kind of over and I am very thankful that Steve (DSM) jumped in to try to neutralize this thread before it turned south in a hurry. I am very proud to call every one of you guys friends, please let’s keep in mind what has built this forum, and work to continue that Heritage.
Kris
Well said brother.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 AM
Mean Jean
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USAproud
Well said brother.
Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Kris
Well said DSM and BlackPearl#1 like I said earlier we are all here to help and encourage and congratulate each other on their accomplishments. Get rid of all the negativity and help a brother out instead of pitying each other against each other, all because your buddy didn't win or you don't like the way the competition is ran.