Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundz audio system

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 08:54 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts
Default Soundz audio system

While on vacation in North Carolina, I got to hear a Soundz setup at the Cherokee NC Harley shop. I was impressed with how it sounded as it was clear and loud. This setup was 4 speakers (6.5's) on an ultra with a sounds amp. He had it cranked when he pulled in so I had to ask. He did a small demo playing "turn down for what" and then told me that he got it installed in Daytona as his 2 friends were saying that they are going to get a soundz setup when they get home because it was the best sounding system for a motorcycle ever made.

The break down was 4 iron 6.5 speakers (fairing and tour pack) with the sounds 4 channel amp. It was clear and loud but at high volume it started sounding a bit harsh on the high end. The owner was very proud of how it sounded and told me the complete setup cost him $2700 installed.

Now the funny part was as he and his friends started walking in the shop, he asked who had the anniversary street glide (parked in front of the door) with the Rockford setup as he noticed my bike having RF lid kit and all RF grills. After telling him it was mine, he stated that he looked at the rf setup but the soundz was far superior to the rf kit. I just agreed with him and let him talk. I never told him what my setup was but as we were getting ready to leave, I decided to play...….. guess what...….turn down for what. My buddys just hook their heads and the soundz guy's wife/girlfriend started dancing when the 10's kicked in, he just walked in the shop not saying a thing. As we pulled out the girls were still dancing in the lot. It was funny as hell.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
While on vacation in North Carolina, I got to hear a Soundz setup at the Cherokee NC Harley shop. I was impressed with how it sounded as it was clear and loud. This setup was 4 speakers (6.5's) on an ultra with a sounds amp. He had it cranked when he pulled in so I had to ask. He did a small demo playing "turn down for what" and then told me that he got it installed in Daytona as his 2 friends were saying that they are going to get a soundz setup when they get home because it was the best sounding system for a motorcycle ever made.

The break down was 4 iron 6.5 speakers (fairing and tour pack) with the sounds 4 channel amp. It was clear and loud but at high volume it started sounding a bit harsh on the high end. The owner was very proud of how it sounded and told me the complete setup cost him $2700 installed.

Now the funny part was as he and his friends started walking in the shop, he asked who had the anniversary street glide (parked in front of the door) with the Rockford setup as he noticed my bike having RF lid kit and all RF grills. After telling him it was mine, he stated that he looked at the rf setup but the soundz was far superior to the rf kit. I just agreed with him and let him talk. I never told him what my setup was but as we were getting ready to leave, I decided to play...….. guess what...….turn down for what. My buddys just hook their heads and the soundz guy's wife/girlfriend started dancing when the 10's kicked in, he just walked in the shop not saying a thing. As we pulled out the girls were still dancing in the lot. It was funny as hell.
In my personal experience with that band of gypsies.....f 'em!

Old 07-14-2019, 09:25 AM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

I have heard several Soundz systems and I think they sound fine, I just really don’t get the cost. I still have not heard one I like better than even my little 4 speaker MMats coax set up and I have way les than half of that $2700 into.

The thing that kills me about Soundz are their customers. It’s like they have created some kind of cult. Just like BAM (I think) that was here talking shix leading up to Daytona. They cannot be convinced that they paid too much for their mediocre system and will tell anyone that will listen that they should also pay too much to get Soundz.

The following users liked this post:
Ndfastln (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 08:50 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Whats on your bike now TG? Unless it's area 51. I know you've been upgrading.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Don’t let TG tell you anything but awesome about his bike. He is very humble and never takes compliments very well. It was slamming at my place and he had very little time in it when he was up here. I’d bet it’s much better now.
Kris

Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Don’t let TG tell you anything but awesome about his bike. He is very humble and never takes compliments very well. It was slamming at my place and he had very little time in it when he was up here. I’d bet it’s much better now.
Kris
Thanks Kris. It does sound better now as I redid the amp setup and retuned the whole setup. It's not a competition grade by any means but it is good enough for this old man.

Whats on your bike now TG? Unless it's area 51. I know you've been upgrading.
Mashsall, same setup as ES just added 10's in the bags and another amp. Rewired the amps and retuned.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:25 PM
Toddlwitte
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 and 2015 ultra limited. Would like to upgrade the stereo system. I thought Soundz was a go to system but reading some comments and now 2nd questing that. What is the best bang for the Buck? Thank you. Todd witte. York, pa. IBA #205

Old 06-26-2022, 08:26 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

You should start your own thread and include budget and goals.