Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It all went together....almost

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 03:11 PM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default It all went together....almost

1. I can't seem to.figure how how to save a DSR tune file. I keep syncing, then I turn it off and it loses all the setting.

2. I have the hum....i.knkw that means the power wires are too close to the RCA cables. If I'm wrong let me know.

3. The Stinger is over heating. Probably means I'm playing too hard with it. Would installing a distribution block with independent fuses help keep this down?

Guys, I really have to thank you for all the help on this. I know I bit off more than I could chew, but you got me through it. I was riding at 70 today, actually feeling a midbass punch, and at stop signs I was straight pimpin'. I promise....no more audio work this year, once I get these last few settings right.

Bill

Old 07-14-2019, 05:54 PM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Ok, I think I got a file to work. I relocated the power distribution block, and changed it out with a fuses one, so now the buzz is gone. One other problem. When the Stinger overheated earlier, it came back on on the right side after a few minutes. The left didn't come back. When I checked the wiring, it had slipped a little so I redid it with some heat shrink solder connection. Still won't come on....all wires are good, and no left speaker.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 PM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

I can get very very little out of the left. I can switch the RCA on the DSR from left to right, and it's the same issue. Only the right works. That tells me the amp is pushing power on both sides, but the DSR input RCA isn't working. Seem possible?

Old 07-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

I can switch the RCA on the DSR from left to right, and it's the same issue.
If I am understanding you correctly the next test would be to plug the RCAs from your head unit directly into the amp to see if the problem is in the amp or the output of the DSR1. If you do that and still do not have proper audio from the left channel then reverse the RCAs from your head unit and see what happens.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:18 AM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
If I am understanding you correctly the next test would be to plug the RCAs from your head unit directly into the amp to see if the problem is in the amp or the output of the DSR1. If you do that and still do not have proper audio from the left channel then reverse the RCAs from your head unit and see what happens.
I isolated it last night to a blown speaker. I unhooked the bad one and hooked up a known good one. It worked just fine. Now I need to quit buying speakers that come in pairs.