Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSR-1 tuning (Act #1000)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DSR-1 tuning (Act #1000)

Ok, I took my bile to a Rockford Fosgate sponsor dealer to get my DSR-1 tuned by a professional as was suggested. Now after the tuning of the DSR-1 I''m a darn good parking lot Dee Jay. I sounds fairly better then before, but when I get out on the highway I have to turn it up to about 40-45 to hear the system. When I DD-1 my amps before the DSR-1 I was at 43 un-distorted, now I can turn the thing to 50 ( which is Max) and hear it some what. My question is , what can I do next to get more out of it? they never touched the amps only the DSR-1. 80.00 down the drain, again. this is what they did

Old 07-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

That is a whole lot of "cut". -3dB is pretty much half as loud! Not to mention every speaker no mater what it is labeled as has the same tune.

Juice

Old 07-19-2019, 10:26 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

RF sponsor dealer. Hope it wasn't Sound Solutions. lol

Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

....also note. 80.00 to tune a DSP is not even realistic. To properly tune a bike it requires expensive software and tools and a few hours to go speaker by speaker. I would not confuse a "sponsored" fosgate shop and one that just simply sells their stuff.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:52 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
....also note. 80.00 to tune a DSP is not even realistic. To properly tune a bike it requires expensive software and tools and a few hours to go speaker by speaker. I would not confuse a "sponsored" fosgate shop and one that just simply sells their stuff.
I agree.
I try to support local shops when I can. What’s frustrating is that most of them don’t even know or understand the specs and features of the products they sell, let alone be able to put it together in a tuned system. Just because they are a dealer doesn’t impress me much since there is a big difference between selling audio and fully understanding it. You have to do research to find the shops that really know bike audio, and unfortunately that comes with a price.

The following users liked this post:
Bflo_SG (07-22-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
I agree.
I try to support local shops when I can. What’s frustrating is that most of them don’t even know or understand the specs and features of the products they sell, let alone be able to put it together in a tuned system. Just because they are a dealer doesn’t impress me much since there is a big difference between selling audio and fully understanding it. You have to do research to find the shops that really know bike audio, and unfortunately that comes with a price.
I'm really not sure if any of ya'll been to PCB for their bike week, but it was one of there vendors the go there. Not sure if I seen them in Daytona.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:34 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Steward
I'm really not sure if any of ya'll been to PCB for their bike week, but it was one of there vendors the go there. Not sure if I seen them in Daytona.
The EQing on that is horrible. I’d ask for your money back. In the meantime I’d set your EQ back to flat and make sure your crossovers are reasonably correct.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:57 PM
IIBADII
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Haze knows his stuff. Whomever tuned that must be new. Reset the EQ, put all your "Q" s to 1 so you'll have nice smooth lines when you adjust the hz. Also as haze said, make sure your crossovers are set correctly, meaning look on your spec sheet for your speakers. If it says 100hz to 5khz. You should make sure your speakers is crossed at at the very minimum 100 hz so its not trying to play stuff it's not built to do.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by haze324
The EQing on that is horrible. I’d ask for your money back. In the meantime I’d set your EQ back to flat and make sure your crossovers are reasonably correct.
Ikr, crossovers are good. Have to reach out to them. At first I thought it was my source, but when I got my buddy's memory stick it was the same thing .then I tried my phone . So I will start again

Old 07-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by IIBADII
Haze knows his stuff. Whomever tuned that must be new. Reset the EQ, put all your "Q" s to 1 so you'll have nice smooth lines when you adjust the hz. Also as haze said, make sure your crossovers are set correctly, meaning look on your spec sheet for your speakers. If it says 100hz to 5khz. You should make sure your speakers is crossed at at the very minimum 100 hz so its not trying to play stuff it's not built to do.
Will do. One Question. before i installed the DSR-1, I set my gains on the amps with the DD-1. after I'm done will I have to do the gains on the amps again?

Quick Reply: DSR-1 tuning (Act #1000)