Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Wired CarPlay (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1456261-wired-carplay.html)

BigDawgQC 04-29-2024 06:31 PM

Wired CarPlay

I finally got a bike with the GTS radio. 2020 Road Glide Limited. I need some clarification. I still like using the wired headset in my helmet. I know about the jumper "hack". Have it but took it out because the hack fools the system into thinking their is a mic hooked up, but disables the mic jack on the tank. I do not have the WHIM. I was told you could use Carplay with your premium headset plugged into tank port & the iPhone plug into the bikes USB port. I can't get CP to come up though. I have "Projection" turned on also. Question: Do you HAVE to have a WHIM for wired CP to work,

Thanks!

cycle7447 04-29-2024 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC (Post 21662854)
I finally got a bike with the GTS radio. 2020 Road Glide Limited. I need some clarification. I still like using the wired headset in my helmet. I know about the jumper "hack". Have it but took it out because the hack fools the system into thinking their is a mic hooked up, but disables the mic jack on the tank. I do not have the WHIM. I was told you could use Carplay with your premium headset plugged into tank port & the iPhone plug into the bikes USB port. I can't get CP to come up though. I have "Projection" turned on also. Question: Do you HAVE to have a WHIM for wired CP to work,

Thanks!

You should not meet the jumper or the WHIM.
Just make sure you have the Harley Prem headset and it should work just fine.

Try this - do you also have an AA phone? Connect that and see if it works.

BigDawgQC 04-29-2024 08:11 PM

I got it working. A matter of sequences of hooking up.

cycle7447 04-30-2024 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC (Post 21662947)
I got it working. A matter of sequences of hooking up.

Hey - glad to hear all worked out.

Please post what you did so that others can benefit from your experience.

By the way, I was in Morrisville last week. My son and his wife live in Durham; he's a writer and she is a doctor. They were playing indoor soccer at an arena there in Morrisville.

BigDawgQC 04-30-2024 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by cycle7447 (Post 21663116)
Hey - glad to hear all worked out.

Please post what you did so that others can benefit from your experience.

By the way, I was in Morrisville last week. My son and his wife live in Durham; he's a writer and she is a doctor. They were playing indoor soccer at an arena there in Morrisville.

Welcome to Morrisville! Basically, turn the bike on, hook up helmet cord to the tank port & then plug up iPhone into the bike's USB port. That seemed the be the procedure that works for my bike!

cycle7447 04-30-2024 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC (Post 21663311)
Welcome to Morrisville! Basically, turn the bike on, hook up helmet cord to the tank port & then plug up iPhone into the bike's USB port. That seemed the be the procedure that works for my bike!

Great - now, here is a tip. Get the Ottocast wireless connection. Hook that up to you USB plug.

Pair your phone with this wireless connector. So, from now on, you just go out to your bike, you can keep your phone in your pocket or somewhere in the trunk. Your phone will automatically connect to carplay.

Try it - you will love it.

BigDawgQC 04-30-2024 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by cycle7447 (Post 21663629)
Great - now, here is a tip. Get the Ottocast wireless connection. Hook that up to you USB plug.

Pair your phone with this wireless connector. So, from now on, you just go out to your bike, you can keep your phone in your pocket or somewhere in the trunk. Your phone will automatically connect to carplay.

Try it - you will love it.

Thanks I read about this.

Buelligan666 04-30-2024 11:57 PM

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/north...roid-auto.html