Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHR Stereo Handle Bar controls ( BAC )

Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM
rickydog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHR Stereo Handle Bar controls ( BAC )

I been reading a lot on here and got some great info, Heres where I'm at so far.I have an 05 FLHR with a after market faring with Sony stereo ( GT930UI ) and 6x9 hog tune speakers. I have a service 05 tour model manual and switch housing ordered ,and looking for the switches on EBay...Not sure if I'm going with Biketronics or Hog Wire For the Sony to Harley hook up yet>>This wiring might be close to a FLHTPI (BAC) wire job but different..I know my FLHR wont have the interconnect harness like the other FLH models What the FLHR does have in common with the FLHTPI is nether one has the OEM AMP connector for the radio,or radio switches. My question is , once i get the OEM 23 place Amp connector for the radio should the pins be only radio control wires??? Thats what I'm thinking. I shouldn't have to get into the FLHR turn single , kill,horn,etc harness, should i ???...Thanks < Rickydog.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you already have a Sony stereo, why don't you use a Sony Marine Commander and save yourself a lot of trouble and money?

The back of your stereo has a small input jack connector with blue plastic around it, the remote hooks up to it. The remote costs around 20 bucks on Ebay and they work awesome in heavy rain because of the big rubberized buttons. If you connect a USB drive or anything else to your stereo, you can control most functions thru the marine Commander.

Mine is mounted on a bracket for a 2 inch gauge that I bought on Ebay. Mounting is the easiest thing, only three wires, positive, negative and control. Sony customer support says that the Marine remotes don't work with Automotive stereos, but they don't know, lol. There are several members here using the same setup as me.

Regards,

Old 04-30-2011, 12:12 PM
rickydog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tooeasy,thanks for the input. i been doing my homework lately on HD switches and wiring.sure got a lot of wiring ahead of me but thats fine with me for the clean handle bar look.basically i have to wire the stereo as a FLHT using Hog Wires Sony to HD adapter..as if this wasn't enough i decided to wire up HD cruise control since i got the switch housing opened up....thanks again..