Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help burning a cd

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help burning a cd

I'm trying to burn songs onto a cd via mp3 files so I can have more songs on it. I'm using i tunes and have so far ruined a few disks in trying. I tried using the screen prompts to burn as mp3 but it wouldn't do it, a box popped up saying it wouldn't do it. I then tried burning them as a data file which but that doesn't seem to work either, shows theres files on the disk, but the Harmon Karmon won't play them. Have to get more disks tomorrow. Can't seem to figure this out. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
remerson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glider,

I do not belive that iTunes will burn files to disk as *.mp3 files. I think iTunes will only burn the audio formatted files. I do not use iTunes for burining files as MP3.

Here is how I burn them. I use Roxio creator basic. Start Roxio and select data project. Open iTunes and drag a (one or more) playlist (music you want on the disc) to file section in Roxio. Once you have the songs you want in the project window, click the burn button.

This is how I created the disc for my stereo..

Robb

Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
remerson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glider,

I went and looked at iTuens. I guess it does burn MP3, but I never use it for that... Sorry for the confusion. I just use the above method for burning.

Robb

Old 05-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The music files themselves have to be in MP3 format before you start burning. If the songs are from music CDs that you imported into ITunes and you did not change the import settings in ITunes to MP3 before you imported you can convert them within ITunes under the Advanced menu.

If these are songs that you purchased from ITunes they come with protection. The workaround is to burn an ordinary CD with your purchased ITunes songs - then import them from the CD with your import setting set to MP3s.