Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing more volume in 2010 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:22 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Needing more volume in 2010 Ultra Limited

Ive been fairly content with the sound from my factory stereo and speaker setup on my 2010 Ultra Limited until recently. On long trips its always been a pain to try to search for a radio station all the time so I started using my ipod more and more on long trips. The problem is that when using the aux input, the volume isnt nearly as loud as when using the radio or a CD. I tolerated this for awhile, but I recently added the Harley Road Tech 665GPS and I love the features of this and love my XM radio but because the XM uses the aux input, the volume isnt as high as the radio or a CD.
So,... here's my question: I now want to keep my factory stereo and upgrade my speakers and possibly add an amp. My main goal is to be able to add volume and clarity when listening to my XM radio stations and when using my aux input on my factory stereo.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-16-2013, 02:52 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbear328
Ive been fairly content with the sound from my factory stereo and speaker setup on my 2010 Ultra Limited until recently. On long trips its always been a pain to try to search for a radio station all the time so I started using my ipod more and more on long trips. The problem is that when using the aux input, the volume isnt nearly as loud as when using the radio or a CD. I tolerated this for awhile, but I recently added the Harley Road Tech 665GPS and I love the features of this and love my XM radio but because the XM uses the aux input, the volume isnt as high as the radio or a CD.
So,... here's my question: I now want to keep my factory stereo and upgrade my speakers and possibly add an amp. My main goal is to be able to add volume and clarity when listening to my XM radio stations and when using my aux input on my factory stereo.

Any suggestions?
Is the volume at the source, Ipod or GPS, turned up to the max?

Old 03-16-2013, 03:13 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah,.... its turned up to the max on both. I just cant get the volume as loud when using the aux input as opposed to using the radio or CD player. Ive heard others on here mention this as well, so I was thinking that if I could increase the overall sound volume with either new speakers or a new amp and speakers would solve this problem.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Molarman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 limited and will installing a Biketronics 2180 amp and fairing and lower speakers next week. This setup will give me about 125 watts x4 and should be plenty loud and clean. Also lifetime warranty.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Molarman
I have a 2013 limited and will installing a Biketronics 2180 amp and fairing and lower speakers next week. This setup will give me about 125 watts x4 and should be plenty loud and clean. Also lifetime warranty.
Considering the same upgrade. Where did you find the
speaker housings for your lowers?

Old 03-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Molarman
Cruiser

surdyke.com I got speaker pods and grills all genuine HD. Ill get you the part numbers.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Molarman
Cruiser

surdyke.com I got speaker pods and grills all genuine HD. Ill get you the part numbers.
Left Pod 57410-11
Right Pod 57419-11
Grill 76000065 you will need 2

Screws 10200012
They didnt seem to have the screws so I ordered them from my local dealership.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jmbear328
yeah,.... its turned up to the max on both. I just cant get the volume as loud when using the aux input as opposed to using the radio or CD player. Ive heard others on here mention this as well, so I was thinking that if I could increase the overall sound volume with either new speakers or a new amp and speakers would solve this problem.
Well, I'd suggest taking a look at Biketronics' web site and check that BT2180 amp with 2 of those 6.5" speakers for the fairing....about 600 bux. I'm either going to do that or the same amp with 4 speakers as Molarman is doing. I've used Biketonics stuff in the past and can tell you their products and customer service are first rate. On another note, used to live just south of you in Longview for a long time and passed through your town often on rides up to SE Oklahoma. Nice country.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:53 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior

Left Pod 57410-11
Right Pod 57419-11
Grill 76000065 you will need 2

Screws 10200012
They didnt seem to have the screws so I ordered them from my local dealership.
Thanks for those numbers. Had been looking at HD's web site and wasn't finding the pods by themselves, just in kit form with Boom speakers included.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Molarman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mtgriz
Thanks for those numbers. Had been looking at HD's web site and wasn't finding the pods by themselves, just in kit form with Boom speakers included.
These are the CVO speaker pods. They are much better looking than the ones your referring to. I just picked mine up from the painter today. Had them done in the Chrome Yellow Pearl.

Quick Reply: Needing more volume in 2010 Ultra Limited