Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers Speakers Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 AM
fightingmajor
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Speakers Speakers Speakers

Not sure why I'm making this so hard on myself to make a decision but I just can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to put in the street glide. I had Focal 6x9's in the road king along with Focal coax in the lower fairings. I've been leaning towards doing a component set up this time around but finding it hard to make a decision on what to go with. I'll be running them off a PBR300x4 which is 4 ohms only. I see a lot of folks have the Polk components but those are not 4 ohm speakers. I've been looking at these at crutchfield

Focal Integration IS 165 $179 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IS16...65.html?tp=106

Focal Access 165A1 SG $249 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165A...SG.html?tp=106

Focal Integration ISS 165 $299 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS1...65.html?tp=106

I've read most of the speaker threads on here already. Just confused as to what I should do. Heck maybe I'll just through a coax in there and not worry about it.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the Biketronics BT7P1. They sound great and come with a lifetime guaranty plus adapters and are 4ohm. Pretty hard to beat!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the 2 way Pioneers 6x9's selling for less than $100 on Amazon. Great sounding speaker.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
fightingmajor
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
I have the 2 way Pioneers 6x9's selling for less than $100 on Amazon. Great sounding speaker.
SG fairings do not hold 6x9's.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m...-speakers.html

Sonic Electronics has these

The NEW Focal premium speakers are the PC165. Just put a set in my fairing and they sound great. They replaced the CVX 165s. I put a set of the Focal 165A1s in the rear pods, but I had to use a adapter ring as the magnet won't fit in the rear pods without them

Originally Posted by fightingmajor
Not sure why I'm making this so hard on myself to make a decision but I just can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to put in the street glide. I had Focal 6x9's in the road king along with Focal coax in the lower fairings. I've been leaning towards doing a component set up this time around but finding it hard to make a decision on what to go with. I'll be running them off a PBR300x4 which is 4 ohms only. I see a lot of folks have the Polk components but those are not 4 ohm speakers. I've been looking at these at crutchfield

Focal Integration IS 165 $179 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IS16...65.html?tp=106

Focal Access 165A1 SG $249 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165A...SG.html?tp=106

Focal Integration ISS 165 $299 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS1...65.html?tp=106

I've read most of the speaker threads on here already. Just confused as to what I should do. Heck maybe I'll just through a coax in there and not worry about it.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a Focal fan, at least not of the 'entry level ' stuff....... The PC line is far from their 'Premium' stuff.

Huge difference in sound when you get to the K series stuff. If it wasn't K series or better, I wouldn't buy the Focals. But, unless you want to spend $500 for a set, go with something else.

Dollar for dollar, I think the Polks sound better than the cheap ( less than $500 ), Focals. Some guys just like to see the name FOCAL on that speaker cover, convinced that it is a good speaker. Not so......

FWIW.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Not a Focal fan, at least not of the 'entry level ' stuff....... The PC line is far from their 'Premium' stuff.

Huge difference in sound when you get to the K series stuff. If it wasn't K series or better, I wouldn't buy the Focals. But, unless you want to spend $500 for a set, go with something else.

Dollar for dollar, I think the Polks sound better than the cheap ( less than $500 ), Focals. Some guys just like to see the name FOCAL on that speaker cover, convinced that it is a good speaker. Not so......

FWIW.
HELLO ....... Doesn't any brand entry level speaker ie Polk db651 sound like chit compared to upper end speakers of same brand? Your comparing apples to oranges. BTW The PC line isn't entry level!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:28 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

When the top of the line POLKS, are cheaper than the entry level FOCALS,...................you just answered your own question.

I'd take those apples , over those oranges..............

Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
When the top of the line POLKS, are cheaper than the entry level FOCALS,...................you just answered your own question.

I'd take those apples , over those oranges..............
You get what you pay for pal good luck that!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by acchd
You get what you pay for pal good luck that!
I've had great luck with my " main " speakers. I run the Boston Acoustic Pro SE 60's....... Not cheap, but I wanted to build a system once, and be satisfied....

Built this system in early '09........been running 5 summers with no updates......

However, considering the K series Focals for a lowers install.

I personally don't run any Polks,......but I've heard them. Good speaker , for the cheap price.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Speakers Speakers Speakers