Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water proofing speakers?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water proofing speakers?

So if I go with the TS-D6902R pioneer speaker and hog tune lids for the most bass impact. How do I keep them safe from water damage?

Last edited by Oilsmoke; 09-16-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:22 PM
nsdhoward45
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default ?

Originally Posted by Oilsmoke
So if I go with the TS-D6902R pioneer speaker and hog tune lids for the most bass impact. How to I keep the safe form water damage?
they come with a safe ?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

So if I go with the TS-D6902R pioneer speaker and hog tune lids for the most bass impact. How do I keep them safe from water damage?
hydrophobic fabric, but stuff is expensive. I did test with original speaker fabric and KIWI camp waterproof spray...
one of the other dudes here in the audio area tested my fabric and he was impressed (better and more sturdy than the expensive stuff you can buy).

here's the thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...or-fabric.html

still got some fabric laying around - PM me if interested and I can mail to you for a little bit of money / beer. slowly running low on the KIWI so look on Amazon for that.

most sandwich it between the speaker and the lid... I STILL have to do mine, but with the newest addition in my garage (dirt bike) have not gotten to it yet and it is dry hear almost every day anyway.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
hydrophobic fabric, but stuff is expensive. I did test with original speaker fabric and KIWI camp waterproof spray...
one of the other dudes here in the audio area tested my fabric and he was impressed (better and more sturdy than the expensive stuff you can buy).

here's the thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...or-fabric.html

still got some fabric laying around - PM me if interested and I can mail to you for a little bit of money / beer. slowly running low on the KIWI so look on Amazon for that.

most sandwich it between the speaker and the lid... I STILL have to do mine, but with the newest addition in my garage (dirt bike) have not gotten to it yet and it is dry hear almost every day anyway.

Yes Sir . . . That other dude would be me. . .LOL . . . AAWAV fabric works just fine. Spray it with Kiwi Camp Dry and let it sit 24 hours. I have the Hydro cloth on my pioneers but like AAWAV said it's expensive to ship. The shipping cost almost as much as the product.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I could not makeup my mind. So I dropped the coin on a Pair of Pioneer TS-D6902R 2 WAY 6X9. 79.00Dollars and Will pick up the hogtune lids on amazon in a few pay checks

AAWAV
It's pretty dry here too But the TH=-strom can was washout a freeway if you are in the wrong spot

I will PM you next payday for some fabric you paypal?
I can get camp dry at the wifes store no problem there.
THX for the tips.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Well I could not makeup my mind. So I dropped the coin on a Pair of Pioneer TS-D6902R 2 WAY 6X9. 79.00Dollars and Will pick up the hogtune lids on amazon in a few pay checks

AAWAV
It's pretty dry here too But the TH=-strom can was washout a freeway if you are in the wrong spot

I will PM you next payday for some fabric you paypal?
I can get camp dry at the wifes store no problem there.
THX for the tips.
You will love the Pioneers! Best value for the money. Just as a side note Oilsmoke. I ran my Pioneers through a torrential downpour long before I had the Hydro cloth for several miles before I was able to pull over. I opened the lids poured the water out of the speakers and they have been playing well every since. Now I wouldn't make a habit of letting it rain on my speakers but the point is they are pretty durable speakers.