Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Here I come Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ok Here is my review of the AeroCharger ratings are out of 5:

Price - 4 - Right on mark for a turbo would like to see a little reduction in price I think would be more marketable

Customer Service - 5 - Cant get any better they spend the time making sure you have everything you need and that during and after the sale. If I needed something they were there for me and I am a pain in the ***..

Fit and Finish - 3 - I rated this for 2 reasons, a bracket I received didn't fit and there are no heat shields.. Now stock shields fit but you have to cut them.

Over all Install - 4 - Very easy to install their video on you tube and directions that came with it were great.. Good starter Map as well

Overview
So when I opened the box everything was wrapped and separated as well as Labeled. Also in the box was very nice directions and the pick list of everything that was included on the boxes. The worst part of the install is the hoses only because they are new and the angle was awkward.

You lose access to both side covers with the intercooler. Not a big deal till you have to change a fuse. I also had to relocate the power commander to under the seat because of this.

Really the install is just as easy as putting on new pipes, they include everything you need in their kit. There only thing you need to buy is primary oil for when you put in the heavier clutch spring. Also it is very nice that the oil is all self-contained.

Now lets talk about the performance, so far it is incredible and just going with the seat of my pants dyno it performs better than trask out of the box and canned map. It pulls in 6th gear like you were in 3rd gear. I got on it and it was nothing to get over 100 very quickly. It comes in at about 2700 and then really bursts at 3200 (keep in mind it isnt tuned yet.) ..

I will post the results of the dyno once that is completed next week.

Would I recommend Aerocharger?
Absolutely this is a great product and performs better than expected..
Would I purchase again? Yes I wouldn't even hesitate great product, awesome service.

Last edited by Deadstroke; 03-03-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Old 03-13-2016, 12:32 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks really nice. Noting better than FI>

Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 PM
darkhdshadow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you dynoed it yet? what did you trim on the heat shields?

Old 04-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer

Originally Posted by darkhdshadow
Have you dynoed it yet? what did you trim on the heat shields?
Well I did dyno it and it was at 162 then I blew a head gasket lol.. My own fault i should have known better..

The rear shield has to be cut long ways to accommodate the bend they include a template it isnt that bad to do..

Old 04-28-2016, 02:18 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

There's another guy in here that recently did an Aerocharger setup and he too ended up blowing a head gasket.....

Old 04-30-2016, 02:58 AM
Jondalar
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to having a turbo.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
There's another guy in here that recently did an Aerocharger setup and he too ended up blowing a head gasket.....
sounds like they are boosting too much too quickly.I've heard that's a common problem with Aerocharger systems in the Harley world.Jerry needs to get together with Drago and get this problem solved.It would be a killer system then if you could get past it's looks.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer

I would change the head gasket for anything over 5 pounds.. I changed it to a metal gasket and no issues at all.. These turbos come on hard and quick.. Only thing is i would stay away from the 585 cam on a stock motor.. Franks 570 or the smaller one he has would be better.. the 585 cam comes in at 3200ish.

Boost on these are very smooth and I dont experience any turbo lag.. Talking to Frank now about a blower 107 kit.. It isnt needed but I like to push the envelope

Old 05-02-2016, 05:39 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to think about doing your bottom end as well.Basically do it now or do it later.Its much cheaper to do it right the first time.Trust me when I say this.

Quick Reply: Here I come Turbo