Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Trask turbo anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm considering it for my 08 CVO dyna. Trask uses the same bike on their website for the dyna kit. I just want a bit more, probably non-intercooled version, for an extra kick in the pants.

Anyone know a dealer in the North Jersey area? 5K plus install seems pretty reasonable.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM
BT802
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of bike and turbo setup? I don't have heat issues at all with the Trask kit. The exhaust is all double wall and does a pretty good job. You can touch the pipes and not melt yourself after a long ride. My bike being liquid cooled may make a difference as well depending on what you rode.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a 2010 CVO FLTR. As soon as it started boosting I could feel the heat immediately come off the Turbo itself.I mean it's going to run hot simply because it's running off of the exhaust.I ride a ProCharged 107" '09 FLTR daily.It puts out 205hp/165tq. to the rear wheel .I can comfortably ride this bike with shorts in the dead of summer with zero heat issues being the ProCharger or the exhaust.Frank built this bike from top to bottom.I think the Turbo looks good and sounds cool but I dont think it would be something I would buy after riding both.But then again thats just my opinion.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM
zer0t
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Trask or Procharger seem to be the most common choices nowadays. I run an Aerocharger which l love, but it does come down to personal preference and what asthetic you want on your bike.

Regardless.....just do it! You be grinning from ear to ear for months!
I didn't see aero charger kits for HD. When did you install yours?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Aerocharger made the kits in the 90's for Dynas. I was lucky enough to score one on EBay about 6 months ago for a good price and even though I am an FXR rider a bit of work with a cutting disk and welder fixed up all the miss-matched bits! I have only been riding it for about a month so far - middle of winter here downunder and its too muddy to get the bike outta the shed!

Its old (circa 1996) and I have no idea how many miles it has on it (although its spent a few years sitting in sheds - apparantly) but it still pulls strong at 10lbs which is twice the boost I wanted so I am bloody happy.

I like the way it sits on the left side - about the same positionas a Procharger - and is out of the way basically as its hidden a bit by a front lower scoop i have installed. The only drawback is that I need to install a heat shield as I have now buggered my old riding jeans as my ankle rests againt the manifold when i use the highway pegs (I was wondering what the burning smell was the other day - and now I know lol)

I like the fact that with an Aerocharger there is no Wastegate, BOV or External Oil lines to run. Its a really tidy selfcontained setup.

Last edited by GraemeR; 08-27-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 PM
zer0t
Road Captain

thanks for the info, it sounds really cool.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Kingobikes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOTS OF EXPERIENCE WITH TURBO'S PM ME FOR QUESTIONS

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
house of power
Stage I

I've istalled several trask turo's and run one on my bike great great great never any problems at all plus good miledge cant be beat

Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Stibbzy
Stage II
Default turbo vrod

I just bought the latest model vrod and fitted a trask turbo kit ,i voided my warranty yeh ,but what the hell ,it only done 500 kms so i take it easy
trask kits run at 8 psi, this bike makes 167 hp .Nick from trask has helped me from the start and i recoment his company to anyone .
I run a thundermax ,and it is perfect .

Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Stibbzy
Stage II

I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2013 VROD and fitted a Trask turbo kit ,I love it ,im running the bike in so dont give it a hard time as ive already voided my warranty .It makes 167 hp .of the mark not to much but sitting on 100kmh at 4000 rpm, if you nail it from there on the high way ,no one can beat you ,it runs of the clock on the next 100 mts .buy a trask kit for a real head turning vrod .

Quick Reply: Trask turbo anyone??