Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Aerocharger

Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
usturbine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GaugeMods
Can we see pics of the Ultra? Please? Both of them.
GaugeMods

Nothing fancy and taken before high res digital cameras. These are from our trips to Sturgis. Mine is the Gold and white with and without the sidecar. My brothers is the red one. He has the same matching sidecar I have. He has 2 kids that would travel with him as well.

The turbos are mounted inside the left fairing knda out of sight made for a real sleeper in the late 90's before big inch motors.

The one with my family we were getting ready for Sturgis 94. Also have a matching trailer I pulled with the family. Three women on a motorcycle and you need all the room you can get. Plus at that time we had all our camping gear in the trailer to save money on motels. I weighed it one time on the way to Sturgis and with the trailer and the 4 of us it scaled at 2765 lbs.

That was the reason I went with the turbos on both of our bikes. At the time I found about 100 hp would pull the sidecar and trailer with four people at interstate speeds just fine but in the mid 90's big inch motors which were 96 inch even from S&S were not proven or reliable and to hop up an 80 incher to get 100 hp resulted in the same thing. The turbo bolted on to a stock 80 inch and gave me 100 hp and 100 tq. I installed 5 other kits on dressers a Heritage and a wide glide for friends of mine.

There a lot of fun to ride without the sidecars. But now the vrod makes it seem pretty slow.

Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Aerocharger-sdreser1.jpg   Aerocharger-sidcar.jpg   Aerocharger-jims-bike.jpg   Aerocharger-sturgis01_37.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just packed up my Aerocharger and posted it to the crew at Aerocharger to get it fixed and rebuilt. It's coming into winter here so the timing is perfect...it will be great to get it back which means I should be good to go for the Aussy LSR trials on the salt lakes down under.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Who is rebuilding your areochargers?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 AM
GraemeR
Road Master

Boxed it up and sent it to Aerocharger themselves as no one in Aussy knows about these units. Plus I want the pros to do the job and even though postage a bloody expensive it's well worth it to have my horsepower back again.....I really really miss the arm pulling, grin making feeling I get at 10lbs! (It was even more insane at 20lbs)

Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Boxed it up and sent it to Aerocharger themselves as no one in Aussy knows about these units. Plus I want the pros to do the job and even though postage a bloody expensive it's well worth it to have my horsepower back again.....I really really miss the arm pulling, grin making feeling I get at 10lbs! (It was even more insane at 20lbs)
GraemeR

They have made some nice improvements in the design that make them almost bullet proof. hope you get it back soon. What did they charge for the rebuild if you don't mind me asking. The one I have is in need of some work. Just don't ride it that much since I have the one on the Vrod and my brothers is a backup since he got a new Street glide.

Dennis

Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
GraemeR
Road Master

I only posted it on Friday so it will rake a couple of weeks to get to the USA and then a week i recon for them to assess it. Fingers crossed I have not buggered it too much. I am thinking of asking them about semi-sponsorship or cutting me a deal on parts or somthing as i want to fly the Aerocharger Flag at the Aussy Land Speed Trials next year.

Theu have a price list on the Aerocharger wecsite for the repair costs for various componets etc. Ill try to hunt down the URl and post it for yah.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

Theu have a price list on the Aerocharger wecsite for the repair costs for various componets etc. Ill try to hunt down the URl and post it for yah.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see that when I went to the site. Found the repair Price list. Thanks and good luck with the racing when yo get it back and Winter is done down under.

Dennis

Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Pistonbroke800
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the bike turbos a veriable vane just like the sled ones? I ride mountain sleds in the winter, a few of the guys I ride with are running Aerochargers. They are very strong units and require lower boost levels than other makes to get same hp numbers. Very impressive to run a 250hp 2 stroke on a 500lb machine. Reliable power too. Im sure their bike units are as good as it gets

Old 05-24-2013, 04:09 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pistonbroke800
Are the bike turbos a veriable vane just like the sled ones? I ride mountain sleds in the winter, a few of the guys I ride with are running Aerochargers. They are very strong units and require lower boost levels than other makes to get same hp numbers. Very impressive to run a 250hp 2 stroke on a 500lb machine. Reliable power too. Im sure their bike units are as good as it gets
Yes they use the same variable vane setup on the bikes.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:41 PM
ecarlp
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerocharger

Originally Posted by zer0t
I exchanged some notes with the staff at Aerocharger and it seems an HD kit is in the making. It looks like the target is 08 and later bikes and they said check back soon. Soon is a relative term but it sounds very promising. I'd love to see Aerocharger get back into this space adding more choice for v-twin FI.
I am new to the forum but wanted to share my experience with the Aerocharger. There is a local bike shop here in Lecanto Florida, Iron Horse, who is awesome at setting up high performance Harley's, he let me take his latest creation out for a test ride the other day and it was more like a test flight. This bike was a 2015 road glide with a stock motor and the Aerocharger the result is 160lbs torque and 135hp. I have ridden a lot of bikes but none like this, even BMW GTL1600 can't touch this bike. The bike is smooth as a kitten but is insane when you roll the throttle on. Iron Horse uses the Direct Link tuning system with his in house dyno system. Forget heads, cams ,pistons and all the other mod parts and wasted efforts this is truly the way to FLY.I am also amazed at what a clean install this is, it fits beautifully and is hardly noticeable and the exhaust is a sweet mellow tone which is non obnoxious but throaty. I currently am now looking for a 09 up road glide to build for myself which these kits are made for these years. I did speak with Aerocharger and they did say that if you want to kick it up a notch you might try a HD255 cam which is great down the bottom until about 3000rpm and then the turbo will have you hanging on for your life after that, they also recommended the S&S 585 cam which I have no experience with so no comment on that. So if your are looking for a super performance bike that gets great gas milage and has no bad behaviors Give "Billy the Kid" down at Iron Horse a call@ 352-746-7883. In the meantime I will be planning my next build.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aerocharger