Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If they make a black kit I'd love it for my new road king.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:26 AM
jake318
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The commonly used t-3 turbocharger was originally designed for 2-2.5 liter 4 cylinder auto engines and the causing turbo lag from an engine too small to spool an over sized turbo. Turbo lag can put a streak in the shorts of the bravest rider if the turbo decides to spool up/boost,suddenly increasing horseppower breaking rear tire loose while your leaned over and getting the power on for good drive out of a corner.
The relatively new IHI ZV21 and Garrett 1240/1540 turbos practically spool up at idle yet still produce roughly 15 lbs of boost. Spooling at a low rpm eliminates Turbo lag since they are always spooling and producing boost as your riding down the highway/road. A much better/easier powerband for a rider to use than the off horsepower /on horsepower powerband when using the t-3 auto derived turbocharging units .

Old 12-03-2013, 04:11 PM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it...as long as it performs; your kit would be my first choice for aesthetic reasons.

Good Job on the design!

Old 03-10-2014, 01:49 AM
ThaiTony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did anyone attend the Kraftwerks/HDBlower stand at Easy Riders VTwin Expo in Cincinatti Ohio? If so do you have any feed back? PLEASE.....

Old 03-30-2014, 02:20 PM
tinmanz
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BlownHD
Greetings Community Members ...

We are almost done developing a brand new supercharger kit for the HD twin-cam engine, and our inaugural test bike is our own Softail Blackline. Would love to hear some of your thoughts (and questions) on how it looks so far. I will definitely keep you posted as to the performance numbers as they become available.

We are waiting for an additional part before running her on our dyno. We invite you to check out more of the developmental stages on our website at www.HDBlower.com, and LIKE our Facebook page as well!

Thanks in advance for looking

Here is a rendering of a bike in OEM fashion w/o our blower kit, and a pic with our kit installed.

Here is a picture of our Softail on the dyno waiting for her first pass.

Here is a picture to show the size of the supercharger next to an iPhone for comparsion.

Here is an engineering rendition of our supercharger kit
looks alot like the woodys blower that disappeared in 05 I have awbt on a fatboy it works very well, what is the price

Old 07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 09 Triglide

I like your set up. I wouldn't have to remove my lowers. Please tell me about your "tuning system". Does is work with 02 sensors? And does it do continuous feed? I am very interested.

Diesel

Old 07-01-2014, 12:00 PM
ThaiTony
Advanced
Default Concept

The HD Blower is a nice concept, but that appears to be all it is, a concept. The release date is continuously put back, there is still no release date.

This could well be because there are problems with the design. I have not heard from ANYONE that attended the Kraftwerks/HDBlower stand at Easy Riders VTwin Expo in Cincinnati Ohio and so have had no 3rd party information.

This thread is a year old and their last post was on 08-09-2013, 12:41 PM, their website was last updated in February and that was only showing off their stand at the show and Kraftwerks website has had no new information either.

I would be reluctant to be one of the first to purchase this blower and end up being a guinea pig / beta tester.

Their web site has had no new information posted on it for some time, and Kraftwerks site has no new information. The company is slow in replying to emails and VERY reluctant to give out ANY details, which makes me wonder what response you would get if you had problems.

Promises, promises, you talk the talk Kraftwerks but......

Last edited by ThaiTony; 07-01-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kraftwerks

Yea, I feel the same way.....got an uncomfortable feeling about this. It looks good but I agree with you, I sure wouldn't want to be the first guy on the list.

Diesel

might just go with the 107 kit from Roeders Racing at half the cost.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:17 AM
ThaiTony
Advanced

Originally Posted by DiselDevilDog
Yea, I feel the same way.....got an uncomfortable feeling about this. It looks good but I agree with you, I sure wouldn't want to be the first guy on the list.

Diesel

might just go with the 107 kit from Roeders Racing at half the cost.

100% if they have a beta test program you would think they would be spouting testimonials. But I canīt believe no one from the forum went to the show in Cincinnati !!

With no 3rd party feed back it all looks suss to me. I never got a reply at all to one email I sent, it took 3 months fora reply to the second email and it didnīt answer my questions, it was just verbal diarrhoea !! I can understand someone trying to protect their ideas, but if you want to sell it you have to be upfront with people, if you donīt want to say because of some design secret just say so.....

Coming soon

Old 07-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Troy L
Cruiser

Sad , it would be nice to have another forced induction option .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?