Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Sturgis 17 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:11 AM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

I've gone solo three times and have enjoyed those experiences immensely. I do prefer to take my woman with me but everyone is wonderful at the rally and on the road to and from the rally.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:56 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by alex369
Nothing wrong with going it alone, I have made the trip a few times solo and with other riders. Going solo was a lot of fun stop when and where I wanted. Keep this thread alive by posting to it over the next few month there will be some more interest as we get closer to spring also on kijijij in the community section some times there are people posting there looking for people to ride with. I would like to to this year , but will not know until around june. I always ride across northern michigan and try to avoid the the interstate as much as I can, what is your plan for sturgis are you camping or hotel.
Thanks 'alex' I would rather go with someone who has been before and knows where to stop overnight, where to gas up etc. I gues at my age Motels are the way to go, haven't camped since the Boy Scouts ! I will keep checking to see if there is any interest, thanks again...b.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 01dyna
I've gone solo three times and have enjoyed those experiences immensely. I do prefer to take my woman with me but everyone is wonderful at the rally and on the road to and from the rally.
Sounds good to me !...b.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:20 PM
alex369
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I find it surprising that this post/thread has 1,172 views and only a few replys, do Canadians go to sturgis. I have been a few times and only seen a handful of ontario plates more from Alberta. I think it would be fun to have bunch of people ride there, there miles of riding when you get there in the mountains, black hills , mount rushmore, and the street party there is a good time as well as in the camp grounds.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Scorpio09SG
Road Captain
Received 410 Likes on 231 Posts

I agree with you alex369. I truly wish more Canadians would post in the Canada section as well. I personally have never been to Sturgis and currently it is not in my near future plans. I have heard good stories, and horror stories from people that have made the trip there. (I posted an instance in an earlier post here) There are great places to ride in the US but sadly with our dollar in the tank where it is, and projected to get worse, being retired will keep our trips this side of the border for now.
Safe riding if you go!
Cheers, Terry

Old 01-08-2017, 09:22 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I have found the same lack of interest in other bike forums from Canadian riders. I've been a member of Shadow riders, Bandit riders and Suzuki forums and there is invariably less interest in meet-ups or road trips than in the U.S. 'branches' of these forums. Don't know why but it's a fact and a great shame as we have loads of Canucks here on the H.D. site. Oh well...b.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
sleighcrane
Tourer
Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes this is a great forum but a little bit apathetic on Canadian content. Getting back to the thread tho I have always ridden to Sturgis solo with the exceptions being the year my buddy rode from London and we rode down together from the coast and 2 years later I rode to London and we rode together.There's always someone you meet to bullshit with and once you get there well lotsa people. I always meet my pals from all over and camp at the Elkview. Looking forward to 2017

Old 01-09-2017, 03:48 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Not worried about meeting people at Sturgis, the hope was that I could find someone to ride down with. It would be much better to have a riding partner who knows where and where not to stop etc., not confident on riding there solo...b.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:41 AM
alex369
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1343 views lots of people looking, so there must be some interest in Sturgis.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:18 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe a lot of people waiting to see if a 'guide' shows up and we could have a sizeable group ride down there !...b.

Quick Reply: Sturgis 17 ?