Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Ontario or Quebec Harley Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior
Received 1,448 Likes on 616 Posts

I stop in at the Kingston, Ontario HD dealer at least once a year, the Kingston / Qan / Brockville area is amazing, check out the boat tours to the castle.

The following users liked this post:
Mikhailov (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Mikhailov
Banned
Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossbone Canuck
Doing a road trip with the family to Ontario and Quebec in July this year. Are any of the area HD dealers worth stopping at?
Harley dealers most places are like McDonald's restaurants. If you have seen one, you've seen them all, there is no variation.

Visited Ottawa 2 years ago via upstate NY. Adirondacks in northern NY are very close by and worth a short detour, especially ride up White Face Mountain. Lake Placid is the Aspen of the North. In Ottawa, free tour of Parliament Hill in Ottawa was interesting as were the War, Aviation and Civilization museums there.

Best way to tour Ottawa was park motorcycles and take a bicycle from one of the many "grab and go" bicycle stands around. You insert your credit card in one of the bikes in the stand to unlock it. Your card gets billed for the full amount if you do not return it to the stand after 6 or 12 hours and lock it again. There is also an integrated GPS tracker in it to make sure people follow the rules There are 50+ miles of bicycle-only roadways along the canal and along the river below parliament hill. These areas are only accessible by bicycle and have the best views. They well are away from traffic and cars. The bicycle trip was a favourite for us. Make sure to first get a map of the bicycle-only roads. We started at the locks at parliament hill.

Last edited by Mikhailov; 03-12-2019 at 04:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Paintslinger16 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 03:53 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

So should we just be asking for a number 5 when buying anything?

Old 03-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,341 Likes on 3,277 Posts

In Quebec , start all sentences with “ Allo mes Tabarnak, bla bla bla bla, then finish it with “ parce que j’ai dit osti de Calice de Niaiseux. Tu Comprend tu?

Old 03-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Gary_M
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Freedom HD is a nice little shop here in Ottawa, lots to look at.

It can't compete with Deeley in Van or Mackie in TO, but it's nice. They combined 2 dealerships in a new building.

Cheers!

Gary

Old 03-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior

I would second that, the fluctuation.
living in the border like I do, the local Harley parking lot is a part time Canadian self install lot.
Candadian prices are higher on everything, so parts are ordered and put on right there in lot.

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
not sure why you're asking that in this thread , but my cynical answer would be so the dealers can charge as much as they want
my more practical answer is with fluctuations in the US/Canada exchange rate it would be a lot of work to change the prices every time

Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior

Sneak peak of Boldt castle with the Thousand island bridge in background

Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron 49th
I did post this in another Forum, with no replies, which I understand, as it is a Canadian issue, So I scrolled down to 'Canada' Forum and posted here as there was some Canadian exchanges. For years the catalogue had posted prices which always exceeded the exchange rate so I not sure that is the reason - whatever the reason, it has diminished the whole idea of a catalogue, and as stated earlier we never did get the valuable Instructions associated with the accessory/part that the American's did - which I think was the plan to drive you to the dealership for any installs of accessories/parts.
well i can't help with getting the prices back onto HD's website , but if you scroll down to the bottom of the home page you can change your country to US and if the videos are still there you can watch them .
and there's always youtube

Old 05-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Archex
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am an Anglo stuck here in quebec. Here’s the lowdown on Montreal area dealers...
leo HD ... south shore about 20 minutes out of Montreal. Huge. Well worth the visit. Nobody will speak English.
Premont HD in Laval ... 20 minutes out of Montreal. Best dealer in the area. Huge showroom, great accessories showroom. Staff are great. Huge service area. My “go to” dealer in montreal
Montreal HD.... 20 minutes from downtown.... great dealer. More accessories than bikes. Always have a special event of some type going on. This is a “go to” for sure
St Jerome Harley ... 45 minutes from downtown.... nothing special. It’s about 2 years old. It’s a 10 minute visit. I live closest to this one and never go.
Vision Hd ... Repentigny ... 30 minutes from diwntown... the place is a little out of th3 way but it’s a great dealer. Huge showroom of bikes and clothing. Very French. You might not get anyone English. This is probably my #2 in the area
Premont Quebec City ... wow ... it’s huge. Owner by Laurent Premont. A very highly respected leader in the HD world. The guy is almost autograph level. This is a 1 hour visit. Your not running in and running out. This guy has every imaginable piece of clothing, accessory etc. I would plan 2 hours in the store to see it. It’s Disneyland for Harley
there are more but these are your best in the area.

Enjoy

The following 2 users liked this post by Archex:
r1cochet (05-25-2019), tex400 (01-19-2020)