Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only been to Kanes in Kelowna. I haven't had to take my bike in for anything there yet, I do most of my own wrenching. I did snap off axle holder stud coming off the lower leg a few weeks back. I came here to see if it could be repaired, and it could be taken out of the lower. When i called Kanes to ask if they could fix it, the service guy told me I had to buy another fork. I told him that he could just back out the broken stud and he said "It's a pain in the ***. Just buy a new fork for $400+". I hung up and called Kreater (next door to Kanes) and they said they would weld on a nut and back it out.

I ended up doing it myself in 5 mins, but I was choked with the dealer's service guy's response.

I have purchased quite a few add ons from them, but I don't think i would trust them to wrench on my bike.

I recommend Kreater Customs though. they installed my new rear tire for me this year for the same price of just the tire at the dealer. Also, I find the mechanics at Kreater just a little more knowledgeable.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dillinger223
I was going through this same topic in the "general discussion" and thought it would be good to have one for us Canadians. I put a lot of km on my ride and would like to know of the dealers that deserve my hard earned Canadian dollars and on the flip side the ones that don't.

I will start by saying Kamloops BC HD has the best parts people and wicked techs!
Being in Kelowna this is the only dealer in my area (besides Kanes obviously). I've been looking at their stock as I may be purchasing a new(er) bike in the next year or so. They have some great stuff coming through there.

My wife and I are taking our first trip on the bike, and am heading up to Kamloops. I'll be sure to stop by to check it out.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 PM
fatnlow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fatnlow
well I just Purchased a 2013 Fatboy Lo through Kanes in Kelowna. Theres a bit of a story here, I work overseas on a ship and so far all my dealing with the sales manager have been via email and he has been great. I wont even be home for a few more weeks to pick the bike up but they are going to instal the mods I want for me and have the bike ready for me to pick up. I have heard differing opinions of Kanes but so far they have been just great with me, as I said I havent even talked to them on the phone just all email and they are very helpful and quick to respond.

I'll update this in a few weeks when I get there to actually get the new bike.
well I picked up the new bike May 27th, I called them on the friday and told them I'd be in monday. when I got there she was all shined up and ready for me. all dealings were great. the typical tour of the building and introduction to all the staff. service manager went over the whole bike with me from top to bottom. seemed very helpful... of course it is brand new so not alot for them to do to it. I did have them add some extras and change some things before I picked it up and everything was perfect. yeah I imagine the HD dealers are more pricey than the independant shops but what can ya do. The bike says HD on the side and it says HD above the shop door so your gonna pay for it.

its time for the first service and still no issues. time will tell how dealing with the shop goes but so far they are ace in my book.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Bandit111
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Handjm
Well you are not the only one to have problems with Medicine Hat HD. I have given this shop three different jobs and each one has been a disaster not to mention put me in a dangerous spot especially the job that caused my bike to start fire . Their answer was ....It went out of here running properly. The next day 500kms from the shop, bike started fire. They did nothing to fix it and they did not want to talk about it. Do not go to Medicine Hat HD.
I have purchased two bike's from Medicine Hat ( Ivan ) a 2004 Classic & a 2008 Anniversary Ultra. Both were piped with extra's. Stopped in 2012 to buy a 2012 CVO streetglide from Ivan . He wanted a grand over MSRP for it . I asked him if he would like to hash out a price in his office ,full knowing that I have purchased two bikes from he already . He told me take it or leave it ! I left ! He then had me off his mailing list from Harley in 3 days ! Never go back !

Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Haywire
Cruiser

Gaslight HD in Morden MB. Owners name is Rudy. Stand up guy. Well run business.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Calgary Harley Davidson. My radio quit, lights came on but no sound. I had it into a different shop, they had the bike for 2 weeks and couldn't figure out squat. Took it to Calgary Harley. They looked at it for 10 minutes, figured out the radio was shot. Gave me back the bike, ordered a new radio. When it came in I dropped the bike for a day and they switched it out on warranty. Invoice read $0.00. Radio works perfect.

Thanks Calgary Harley. You did a really great job.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM
alame
Tourer

yes Gaslight in Morden all the way, just got a 2013 Limited from there, top notch people front to back.......previously bought 2 bikes from Winnipeg Harley but never again, the arrogant attitude is a reflection of the a**hole owner

Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM
celticrider777
2nd Gear

Wouldn't buy a t-shirt at Barnes HD in Langley. Drive right by and stop at Mountainview in chilliwack or go for coffee and service to kamloops hd

Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 AM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Purchased the road king new at HD Winipeg. Had two services and warranty work there. No complaints. My bike is in there getting repaired from an accident. Will let you know how I make out.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
kouack
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made business with Leo HD south shore of Montreal and Premont in Quebec city to this point and was satified.

Quick Reply: Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops