Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:47 AM
sleighcrane
Tourer
Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

I buy stuff for my bikes all the time on ebay which if they don't have it you don't need it.lol I have my stuff shipped to a PO box in Pt. Roberts they send email on arrival and I go get it.Usually if not always free shipping and$3 to pick up. Now at the border tell em truthfully what you have and they wave you on thru. I save money every time despite the dollar difference. My purchases are around 2-3 hundred $$$ as a rule only time I had issues was when I LIED.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:54 PM
CyberDuke
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Harley-Davidson® De L'Outaouais, Gatineau, Qc. Guys are great, service is excellent.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:44 AM
DVO
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 for the dlr in Gatineau. Very friendly and helpful. Same owner as the Ottawa dlr(Freedom Harley) but totally different outlook. I bought my bike at Freedom last yr and just spent about 8k in upgrades. There was a glitch with one of the upgrades(electric lock on saddlebag was working intermittently) and when i brought it in, amazingly it started working again(hate when that happens). They charged me for the work as they say "nothing was wrong with it". Yup, I just bring my bike in for no reason I guess.

I also inquired about pipes and what's available, got very little interest or help.
Asked the same question at the Gatineau shop and got the attention and answers I hoped for.
I will NOT spend another cent at Freedom Harley-Davidson.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:54 PM
The72
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Harley Davidson on Gasoline Alley in Red Deer, AB has always treated me good.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

I have had great service in Kelowna HD, and Edmonton HD on the Yellowed. Not great (ok shitty experience with HD in Prince George.)
I buy my bikes at HD Smithers and they have always treated me really well.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:24 PM
pollywog1964
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just came from Jacox HD in Mississauga. They are no longer Jacox, now called Brown's Harley Davidson. Apparently they knew there were issues with the attitude and the salesman said things have changed. The last time I was there I was given the cold shoulder but today nothing but polite service and friendly staff all around. Hope this keeps up as I will definitely try them again.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:02 PM
julesdain
Road Captain

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Regina Harley- I've always been treated well there and had no issues.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:05 AM
bedrock1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a new SGS at redline harley in saskatoon I found the people there helpful and friendly

Old 07-01-2017, 09:31 PM
kmacdoug
Stage I
Default Good and Bad Experiences

Great experience - 1998 - Shallow Lake HD (gone) - Bob McKay. Spent $2 and still remember the experience.

Quinlan's HD Huntsville, Bought a new 2000 Electra Glide Classic, Art the sales rep was awesome, and the experience was great.

The Electra Glide was a piece of crap. Miscast inner primary(leaking primary oil as soon as I parked it in my driveway) took 3 attempts to fix, and the service manager at Davies accused me of disassembling it myself. The first attempt to fix it was at Jacox. Davies actually fixed it after changing the gasket the second time and that not working, third attempt they replaced the inner primary housing and that fixed the leak. Season one, the speedo stopped working. I left it for 7 years... Then Toronto HD replaced the speedo, and when that didn't fix it, they replaced the wiring harness... $2500 Cha Ching. I sold the bike a week later, and took a grand off at the sale, because the bottom end was leaking oil.

Fast forward to 2017 and I just bought a 2016 Sportster 48 a week ago. New bike, previous year model. I did the deal over the phone because the dealership is 250km from my house. No dealer in Toronto. I requested a quote on 2 48s, through the dealer's web sites no response from Barrie HD. The Kingston dealer responded and I bought the bike. I asked the rep to check the bike out, and make sure there was no flaws in the paint. It looked good until I got it home at there actually is a ding in the paint under the passenger seat I had added, right to the metal. Probably a tool drop. And on top of that, they gave me a 2014 year manual, and one key fob and key for the steering lock. All of the bikes I've seen on the dealer's floors, have 2 fobs / keys. So, I purchased a second. Sales rep told me the bike had a six speed tranny too. I knew better but I just wanted GTF out of there. So, where should I go for service near toronto? And, it's going to be a PITA because I'll have to ride a minimum of 40 minutes to get to a shop...

Old 07-03-2017, 05:10 AM
jbrooksca
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Give Brian Olsen Racing a call. Brian and his son are a top notch indie shop on Hwy 7 between Georgetown and Acton, ON

Jerry

The following users liked this post:
jessewb (01-11-2018)

Quick Reply: Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops