Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Looking to get a bike in US

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
The72
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking to get a bike in US

Hey folks,

I'm looking to get a bike from US, the seller has agreed to ship it to Canadian border at which point I have to get it across and pick it up.

Have any of you recently brought a bike over and what shipping company did you use? I would like it delivered to Calgary (do I have to find a broker to deal with all my border crossing paperwork?)

Thanks

Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
The72
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No love for the newbie

Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

If you google search for 'importing a bike into Canada' & 'exporting from USA' you will find a lot of info. For example - you must notify US customs 72hrs in advance of the bike showing up for export. Find out which modifications are required for import to Canada. Lots of info here - http://www.riv.ca/importingavehicle.aspx You don't need a broker but there is a bit of paperwork to be done.

ps - everyone HATES noobs.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 AM
jackolo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I brought in my Nightster a few years ago. Relatively painless.

I used Dilas International for customs and AA Transport to bring the bike from Colorado to Edmonton, AB. You can find most of the info you need on the RIV website.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Can you feel the love?

Originally Posted by The72
No love for the newbie
This page is dedicated to how we can help fulfill your dreams of owning a Harley-Davidson®!

Our staff has years of experience of importing pre-owned Harley-Davidson® motorcycles into Canada - so let us take care of all the importation paperwork while you dream of crossing the border!

There are vehicle export packets and other forms to sign when you find your dream bike. Rather than posting these (and severely over-whelming you with logistics) - let us be your professional guides and take care of everything for you. All you need to do is visit us and find your bike!

However; if you'd like to see the information you can simply request these at any time by emailing Wendy or Kevin in our Finance Department at info@soundharley.com or by calling them at 360-454-5000!

While this dealership in in the Pacific North West, just shoot them an email and ask for the package they refer to.
Most Dealerships close to the International Border may have the same info.
There are a few bikes that will not be allowed into Canada, but I cannot recall those off the top of my head.
Crappy Tire does the inspections should you decide not to take it to your local Harley Dealer.
Also check out Mother Harleys home page as there is some info there about the support you may receive should there be recall issues, etc...
Rob